Pod Your Reef

[STOCK] cybaix

cybaix

Seems to be very stable.. the rocks lock together well. I tried putting pressure on various spots as well as jiggling things a little bit and they seemed to stay up just fine.

I like it. The only thing is that the arch is very high, and would give you less spots to place corals.

That way he can put a Tang in there & it will have plenty of room! :lol:

Thanks Ann.. I reaquascaped (again!) and will post some updated pictures soon. Params are at 0 Ammonia and 0 Nitrites so it is time for a %50 water change (yay.. tank is cycled). I am going to go get my cleanup crew today!

I reaquascaped (again!)

Heh heh! Positioning the rock (and being happy with the look) is always the hardest bit IMO. I'm just itching to get my aquascape done but with no water/lights/filter in/on the tank yet I can't get it done. :P

Best regards

Ann

LOL I know it is! I think I have a structure I am happy with now. I am thinking about moving the rock right above the snail that way I will have some more room for coral. Here is the updated FTS.

DCP_0614.JPG

And here is a macro shot test. I have a Kodak DC4800 (yea.. its about 3 years old) and this was about as good as I could get it today. Does anyone have some suggestions for getting better pictures?

DCP_0611.JPG

Oh.. I also ordered a Aqua Lifter today. Hopefully I can rig myself a nice drip top off system so that I don't have to put a float switch (ugly!) in my tank.

As for my current tank stock..

1 Unknown hermit crab hitchhiker (he is white & green.. very small)

1 Scarlet Reef Hermit

1 Margarita Snail

1 Cerith Snail

2 Nassurius Snails

I am thinking about adding another Cerith snail.. but not sure if I have enough algae. Should I wait?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ahhh! I had a slight ATO accident and the tank overflowed.. my S.G. is now at 1.17 and things are not looking so hot. Any suggestions on how to recover without creating even more shock to the tank? Should I just leave the ATO off for a while and let the S.G. return back to normal via evap?

I would try to mix some new water with different S.G. and make some small water changes to bring it back to normal. I dont know why everyone has ATO's on there tanks anywho's? With a cover on my tank I dont get enough evap even when I'm away from the office for the weekend and my S.G. is always between 1.023-1.024.

Thats what I've done before if it's any help.

How's it going?

As well as water changes you could also top off with saltwater. As water evaporates the SG will rise back up to the correct level. Then when it's achieved start adding fresh water again to maintain the SG. :)

Best regards

Ann

• 2 weeks later...

Archived