Top Shelf Aquatics

[STOCK] Brian da lion

Brian da lion

• 1 month later...
Brian da lion

Wow, over a month since the last update. Everything is growing, though I feel the anthelia could use more light. I need to fing a way to distribute light more evenly. On the upside, though, guess who scored a yasha goby for 20 bucks from the lfs!

Meet skeeter.

post-10584-1134607624_thumb.jpg

post-10584-1134607743_thumb.jpg

cool, as long as i'm not disqualified.

You should be disqualified. Gilman was very clear. If a car, or tank, crashes you cannot fix the car, or tank, and resume the race, or contest. I think it sucks, but that was his stance when this was asked in another thread.

The wave tank looks great... B)

I personally think people should be allowed to replace a broken tank and stay in the contest. What are you going to lose out on anyways by letting Brian stay in. Most people here will have spent way more than the winner gets in prizes.

I think everyone needs to keep there trap shut about poor livestock choices. So he had a tiny little clown Tigah has a mantis and I don't see anyone badgering him. I've never seen a clown grow to 3" in less than 6 months or at least none of mine

Brian da lion

Ann: Thank you. Yeah, i am going to try to find a pistol shrimp soon; I hope I can find a Randall's. I really like your tank btw.

Nednai: I understand, and i will have to consult gilman about it, but are you even in the contest?

Tony: Thanks for sticking up for me, bro. I have been following your tank thread, and I like what I see.

And for you, debbeach, I'll try to get a fts up soon.

Nednai: I understand, and i will have to consult gilman about it, but are you even in the contest?

No, it keeps me impartial. Good luck in the contest!

I had always assumed a tank crash to be the complete loss of a tank's stock and not the cracking of a tank? Anyway it's been over a month since this problem was reported and no judge has come forward to say that the tank is now disqualified so perhaps all is still good. I sure hope so. :)

Best regards

Ann

Brian da lion

My order from justcoral.com came yesterday, but my mom missed the pickup, so it spent an extra 5 hours in the back of an unheated fed ex truck. However, thanks to some awesome packing by scott, everything survived. I got a big rock with a mix of green skirt blues and fire and ice polyps. The colors are amazing! I'll post an updated fts later when they completely open up

My order from justcoral.com came yesterday, but my mom missed the pickup, so it spent an extra 5 hours in the back of an unheated fed ex truck. However, thanks to some awesome packing by scott, everything survived. I got a big rock with a mix of green skirt blues and fire and ice polyps. The colors are amazing! I'll post an updated fts later when they completely open up

along with that FTS:^)

Brian da lion

Alright guys, I got some pics, along with that fts debbeach has been hollerin for. ;)

Yesterday, I went to the lfs and got a sweet neon green star polyps rock for the right side. That's what the big purple thing is, cause it hasn't opened up at all. Skeeter the yasha is doing pretty well, i've been feeding him flakes, and he nibbles on the pods in the tank. I saw a rock with about 15 amazing yumas at the pet store for 59.99, and I'm going to pick it up when I get some christmas money. I may also get some sexy shrimp, but I don't know. All of the new stuff is still opening up, but here ya go.

Everything is really growing. My mom's camera makes everything look greenish, though. Weird....

post-10584-1135299933_thumb.jpg

post-10584-1135300112_thumb.jpg

post-10584-1135300133_thumb.jpg

post-10584-1135300157_thumb.jpg

post-10584-1135300173_thumb.jpg

post-10584-1135300191_thumb.jpg

Brian da lion

Thanks. I went to the pet store today with some christmas money, and I picked up a yuma rock with about 19 polyps for 40 bucks. The yumas have a really cool color; they are reddish, but the mouths and tips are yellow, and there is sort of a faint bluish sheen over the red parts. The only problem is that the rock is like 5''x5'', so I broke it up into a million pieces and i'm trying o figure out where to put them. I may sell or trade a few of them, so keep your eyes open. I'll take some pics when everything clears up.

Brian da lion

I think my pics are never good because my camera focuses on the glass instead of the inside. Any way to help with that? It might be because of the curves in the glass.

post-10584-1136237444_thumb.jpg

I think you're making a mistake putting a clownfish in a 2.5g tank.

i think he'll be fine. probably host in the gsp or other coral and not move. as long as you keep on top of maintenance, it shouldn't be an issue.

Archived