inTank Media Baskets

What was the first coral you got for your nano reef?

Christopher Marks

Your First Coral  

684 members have voted

1. 1. What was the first coral you got for your nano reef?

• Mushrooms
    • Star Polyps
    • Gorgonia
    • Zoanthids
    • Leather/Colt
    • Xenia
    • Candy Coral
    • Other

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Actually my first invert was a BTA with a host anemone crab 5 years ago. The BTA is three times the size today but he has a new anemone crab.

Plus I thought mushrooms aren't really coral. If they can count mushrooms then I can count my BTA :lol:

5 green striped shrooms. they're leaving my little 8gal biocube soon because im multiplying them to completely cover the rockwork in my 60gal FOWLR... needless to say this project will take me a while! :D

i thought we included anems as "coral"? technically shrooms are a type of anemone. BTA, is an obvious one. i dont see why we would exclude the condy. i think the term "coral" is much too broad to be used lightly... i mean how can we classify an anem and an acropora in the same category? shrug.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
What's the first coral you got for your nano reef? My first was green star polyps.

Same here I got a frag of short tentacle metallic green star polyps, not they almost cover the entire rock I put them on!

Candy Cane! It was 5 head in the $20 tank at the LFS. I found out why. 1 head has a barnicle on it & is a pain to feed. I still love them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
gotboost15psi

I started off with one baby red mushroom that was growing on the live rock that i first setup my tank with. You wont believe how much is in my tank now. Lets just say i received about 150 dollars worth of credit from my LFS (local fish store) for the amount I gave them.

DogfoodEnforcer

-1 blue mushroom (has since turned in to three)

- small rock of zoas. started off with maybe 4 of one type, and maybe 8 of another. now there's probably 15 of one type, and 30+ of the other.

I started with a small frag of reverse gorrila nipple zoas, they look a mess now though, then i went onto duncans and then it was trumpet coral! Have not got anything after that yet lol

• 5 months later...

Archived