Innovative Marine Aquariums

What was the first coral you got for your nano reef?

Christopher Marks

Your First Coral  

684 members have voted

1. 1. What was the first coral you got for your nano reef?

• Mushrooms
    • Star Polyps
    • Gorgonia
    • Zoanthids
    • Leather/Colt
    • Xenia
    • Candy Coral
    • Other

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First coral that i got was in a 4 pack from live aquaria: mushrooms, gsp, kenya tree, and a leather. I cant vote for 4 things though so i'll just vote for gsp because its my favorite.

mushroom head

That sucks that you cant pick more than one coral cause i got a 2feet by 2feet styro. box full of corals for free for my first coral,and i got GSP,clove polyps,10 kinds of shrooms,candy cane coral,ricordeas and lots lots more.

Bought a Torch 'cause I was looking for something for Clowns to host in. They have never gone near it and now the Torch owns the whole bottom left side of my Cube. Hes going to have to go so I can put something else in that secton of my tank. Got a Galaxy that owns the top left side...might have to send them both packing.

my very first coral came from my friend. some zombie eye zoanthids or whtever we call em. still have em today. this was about a year ago.

a few sps frags that quickly died and some shrooms. i got these all from a buddy. it took alot to remember that cause it was about 8 years ago...damn ive been doing htis for too long, need a house for a bigger tank

Sparkling_Surfer

I bought xenia before I even had water in my tank!!

I visited her at the pet store quite a few times each week until my tank was cycled... :D

ProFlatlander15

some brown w/ orange center zoos. lost half the colony to a fungus, but they are growing back. wow...that was a year ago already...

My first corals, since I bought them all at the same time, was a purple monster and a superman danae, since they love 96w of PC light, plus a gonipora...cause they're really hardy!

just kidding...

a mushroom...it was so pretty...

My first corals, since I bought them all at the same time, was a purple monster and a superman danae, since they love 96w of PC light, plus a gonipora...cause they're really hardy!

just kidding...

a mushroom...it was so pretty...

You got me going there for a while..

mine was a rock that had assorted shrooms' on it....still have it as i have only been reefing for 3months.... :lol: anyway there is considerable growth and alot of overcrowding....and stinging..so i advise everyobdy who sees a rock with assorted shrooms on it please dont get it...it is anoying and they let go and everything....also i notice the ugly brown ones are crowding al the preatty ones...

Archived