Innovative Marine Aquariums

Blenny Thread

Sebea

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an Orange Spotted Blenny. He spends most of his time at the back of the tank cleaning the glass and rocks. This thing is a character too; he bites my pigmy angel (leaving teeth marks :) when it gets too close to him. Funny thing is, he goes after my camera when I take pictures too, lol. Well, here he is

107_macro.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I had Barney (midas #1) for 2 months with "no problems". He never swam near the top of the tank, always stayed in the bottom in his barnacle...came home from work one day to find that he had jumped :*( Just be aware. I'd hate for you to lose your beautiful fish from something as simple as not having the tank covered.

Mine went carpet surfing last night :(

Off to Home Depot today to find something to cover the top.

Bob

I've been thinking about a blenny for my 40gal. I have a pair of percs, a trio of green chromis, RBTA, softcorals. I like the bicolor, and the midas, sould I worry aobut the amenone? Are they all jumpers (semi open lid)? Any advice?

Here is my lawnmower blenny...Got him for $9 and he is my favorite fish...

Here he is posing for the camera while a hermit crab is scared to death because he was eating the algae off his shell.

IMG_0775.JPG

Here he is getting cleaned by my skunk cleaner shrimp, He loves it...

IMG_0760.JPG

• 1 month later...
Cool, what are you feeding him?

I have pods coming out my ears in both the main 6gal tank and the fuge/sump so he is well fed with those, in addition i am lucky enough in that he is taking frozen brine shrimp from me (nearly bies the end off the pipette when i fed him!) :)

woohoo i finally found my tail spot blenny today! he is a tiny little guy, barely over and inch. he spent a good long while cowering in the corner of my tank, untill he found a tiny cave at the top a pice of LR that he sticks his head out of. i hope he gets along with my six line, the six line was bullying him around a little today, but i didnt see him doing any physical damage to the little guy

woohoo i finally found my tail spot blenny today! he is a tiny little guy, barely over and inch. he spent a good long while cowering in the corner of my tank, untill he found a tiny cave at the top a pice of LR that he sticks his head out of. i hope he gets along with my six line, the six line was bullying him around a little today, but i didnt see him doing any physical damage to the little guy

Your six line better watch his attitude because once that blenny gets established, he will be kicking some a$$ :D. I find it very funny to watch mine pop out of the hole he lives in and bite any fish that come near it.

Archived