Cultivated Reef

Blenny Thread

Sebea

User Deleted 2

I had a Scooter Blenny, in my 55 reef until my Sebae got his tentacles on him when he was chasing a pod :(

He used to bury himself in the sand at night, and would scoot along the sand and rocks all day to find food.

I had a Scooter Blenny and mine used to bury himself in the sand as well at night time. He was adorable. :)

I also had a Pictus Clown Blenny, who was gorgeous and had tons of personality. He was like a little gopher in my aquarium - constantly popping in and out of holes. :)

post-80161-0-75019400-1370057993_thumb.jpg

post-80161-0-44741500-1370058078_thumb.jpg

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a new picture of Scuttle in his favorite spot among the Macros and a very short video of Scuttle doing what Blennies do best!

IMG_0058-XL.jpg

Nom, nom!

I'm excited to be joining this thread soon!

I grabbed this guy off DD today, its a African Blue Midas Blenny:

http://s74.photobucket.com/user/Tamberav/media/_cfimg-3068905879564276696_zps4c4642a5.png.html'>_cfimg-3068905879564276696_zps4c4642a5.p

Will update once he arrives Tuesday and is all settled in.

Better google image of one:

5617379095_a3bfa2e5dc.jpg

Was waiting for a tailspot to show up on DD but couldn't resist. I didn't want a golden midas because I already have a bright yellow fish and I like a variety of colors.

Tamberav, that is a beautiful Blenny. I wish you the best of luck!

Thankyou!

Midas blennys are the shit. You're gonna love yours!

Never had a blenny but hearing so many good things about their personality has me excited.

• 2 weeks later...
User Deleted 2

Blennies are awesome. Not only do they have tons of personality, but each and every single one of them are beautiful and unique in their own quirky way. Definitely a recommended fish on my part. :)

I'm excited to be joining this thread soon!

I grabbed this guy off DD today, its a African Blue Midas Blenny:

Will update once he arrives Tuesday and is all settled in.

Better google image of one:

Was waiting for a tailspot to show up on DD but couldn't resist. I didn't want a golden midas because I already have a bright yellow fish and I like a variety of colors.

Did your fish make it in okay? I am curious to know how you like it . Thanks! :)

I love my tailspot blenny! He eats pest algae and cleans up my tank like a CUC! He's not the most social, but I'm guessing that when I get another blenny, he will come out of his shell. They are a easy, hardy, all around great fish! Not sure what blenny to get next though.... Any recommendations? I have a 20 gallon with candy cane, and mushrooms. Most be peaceful and social! Thanks!

Has anybody had a tribal blenny? What are they like?

Did your fish make it in okay? I am curious to know how you like it . Thanks! :)

He is doing great! He is a bit nippy with my flasher wrasse pair so I decided to sell them and keep the blenny :P He is still a little shy but getting more bold every day. He has also colored up with the top half of him being yellow and the bottom half being an iridescent blue. I haven't been able to get a picture yet because I sold my lights and new ones don't arrive until next week I think. Dim lighting + speedy blenny = blurry picture.

I love my tailspot blenny! He eats pest algae and cleans up my tank like a CUC! He's not the most social, but I'm guessing that when I get another blenny, he will come out of his shell. They are a easy, hardy, all around great fish! Not sure what blenny to get next though.... Any recommendations? I have a 20 gallon with candy cane, and mushrooms. Most be peaceful and social! Thanks!

Has anybody had a tribal blenny? What are they like?

I think sometimes tribal blennys are coral nippers

oldSWseamomma

We're gonna need a bigger barnacle ................ :rolleyes: I think Ariel is tryin' to tell me the barnacles I ordered for her & Zeus are way too small :mellow:

post-79867-0-35699400-1371132010_thumb.jpg

Are barnacle bleenies a good blenny choice? I like your pic of your's!

We're gonna need a bigger barnacle ................ :rolleyes: I think Ariel is tryin' to tell me the barnacles I ordered for her & Zeus are way too small :mellow:

He is doing great! He is a bit nippy with my flasher wrasse pair so I decided to sell them and keep the blenny :P He is still a little shy but getting more bold every day. He has also colored up with the top half of him being yellow and the bottom half being an iridescent blue. I haven't been able to get a picture yet because I sold my lights and new ones don't arrive until next week I think. Dim lighting + speedy blenny = blurry picture. I think sometimes tribal blennys are coral nippers
Darn it! I love them so much!
crazyfishgirl

My Midas doesn't mess with my sand or coral at all, he mostly swims in the water column and then takes refuge in his whole in his piece of live rock.

• 2 months later...

update on segmented/tiger blenny: he never did eat anything but live algae in the tank. had him for a few months till i put him with a bicolor blenny which bullied him to death.

you only want 1 blenny a tank.

my tribal blenny would only eat live algae.

• 2 years later...

is a 40 Breeder too small for a lawnmower and a midas blenny? i have the lawnmower now. he's been in the tank about a week.

edit: lol i didnt notice this thread was so old! ill post a pic of my lawnmower once i get home to keep it going.

is a 40 Breeder too small for a lawnmower and a midas blenny? i have the lawnmower now. he's been in the tank about a week.

Nope, just be careful... with my experience lawnmowers can get territorial when they get older. With a 40 breeder that shouldn't be an issue.

Archived