Cultivated Reef

koden's 32gallon m-tank

kinetic

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I usually only sell locally to avoid needing to deal with shipping woes, but you never know =)

i've been trying to get you to sell me sps for so long!!!!

now you have the LRB!? DAMNIT! watchout because AEFW often follows the LRB. Pretty sure you already knew but just in case.

Do I see a lonely redbug? I had a staghorn just like that, that grew like wildfire, but I lost the entire frag to AEFW.

WAIT WAIT WAIT. Don't I have a bunch of stuff from your tank?

I QT'd my acros in a 8g tank for 4 days with tons of interceptor, then double dipped in TMPCC and Lugols. Any red bugs that was in the frag tank wouldn't have lived more than 3 days. No AEFW so far, knock on wood!

I QT'd my acros in a 8g tank for 4 days with tons of interceptor, then double dipped in TMPCC and Lugols. Any red bugs that was in the frag tank wouldn't have lived more than 3 days. No AEFW so far, knock on wood!

red bugs are a walk in the park compared to aefws, good luck!

• 1 month later...

guh I'm so sad. My smallest clownfish is dead.

I fed my fish today at 10pm, and they were all happy and alive. Then at around 3am after I gave up working for the night, I went to look at the tank. "Where the hell is Sharkbait?" The smallest clownfish (named sharkbait) was missing. It was so weird. I searched everywhere, and finally in one of my frag disk baskets, there he was, face down in the pile of disks, totally stiff and almost dried.

Literally, maybe 10 - 20 minutes ago jumped probably.

I'm so sad, this was my first fish, I bought him and his mate at the LFS, and they've been with me ever since the 32g m-tank was cycled.

Clownfish have quite a personality. I'm so sad he jumped out and I wasn't there to put him back in.

Seriously, if I had gone to the tank just 10 minutes earlier, I could've saved him!

First time a fish has ever jumped on me too. My blennies are still there =P

I'm so sad, blah =(

I am sorry for your loss.

I had sad moments about two weeks ago.

I had 3 fishes gone MIA.

One of my clarkii and 2 firefish.

Its been 2 weeks.

And the tank is so small.

I fear for the worst.

so sorry for your loss buddy...i've been really lucky with my fish, he jumped out tons of times but i was always there to toss him back in. hope you get another nice fish

• 3 months later...
I'm currently cycling my tank, but not sure if my LR/LS is providing enough bacteria for the natural filtration. To be sure I want to seed it with an additive or something. I've made a list of things I've found. Can you guys give me some comments / suggestions on which is best?

Marc Weiss Coral Vital LSB (Live Sand Booster)

http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp...dproduct=MV1131

Nutrafin Cycle Biological Aquarium Supplement

http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp...product=HG17600

Kent Eco-Start

http://www.bigalsonline.com/catalog/produc...id1=2207;pcid2=

Weiss Organics Bacter Boost

http://www.bigalsonline.com/catalog/produc...id1=2207;pcid2=

Tank looks great so far!

I've used Bacter Boost in my 80g and my nano. Although I have no tired the other products, I would have to say Bacter Boost works really well. It fully cycled my nano in about a day. I continued to add a capfull everyday for about a week and noticed many little critters moving around on the glass. I use it to maintain my 80g and the nano with weekly doses.

Tank looks great so far!

I've used Bacter Boost in my 80g and my nano. Although I have no tired the other products, I would have to say Bacter Boost works really well. It fully cycled my nano in about a day. I continued to add a capfull everyday for about a week and noticed many little critters moving around on the glass. I use it to maintain my 80g and the nano with weekly doses.

wow, that was a quote from 2005? This tank has been taken down for a year now and is being sold by the other owner...

Wow this thread was brought up again. kinetic this thread heavily influence my decision on getting the Finnex 32. I love it so far. Mabey I'll send you a free frag in the future. Good job. Too bad the tank came for sale 2 months after I bought mine. :D

wow, that was a quote from 2005? This tank has been taken down for a year now and is being sold by the other owner...

oops...I should look at dates closer I guess. Just thought I would give some feedback on a product. LOL...Guess I should act faster!

• 4 weeks later...

dude nobody was interested and some people flaked so i kept it empty and i got a scratch remover kit, it looks almost new again, so now its cycling over with some new rock

i think imma keep it at least for a year more i love the size

Archived