Cultivated Reef

[STOCK]yellowtangman

yellowtangman

If you turn out all the lights except the tank light, and take the picture at night with no flash, you can get great pictures. If they don't turn out, try taking them at different times at dusk and you will get some good ones.

-John

yellowtangman

Thats what I was thinking I should try. I tried closing the blinds but it didn't work. I always have the tank light on with the flash off. I'll try it tonight.

yellowtangman

Today I recieved my SeaCrop order. All of these corals are from SeaCrop. These are the individual corals.

Hammer

FirstSeaCropOrder006.jpg

Green Galaxia

FirstSeaCropOrder007.jpg

Red Centered Zoos

FirstSeaCropOrder022.jpg

Green Star Polyps

FirstSeaCropOrder026.jpg

Lavender Hairy Mushroom

FirstSeaCropOrder009.jpg

Candy

FirstSeaCropOrder008.jpg

Full tank shot

FirstSeaCropOrder020.jpg

This coral is not from SeaCrop. I bought it locally a few weeks ago and held it in my other tank while this tank was cycling. Here are my Orange Zoos.

FirstSeaCropOrder004.jpg

mushroom head

I would love to see your tank and corals but were the pic is supose to be it comes up with a small red X.

yellowtangman

Well theres not much new going on with the tank. I replaced the magnet cleaner that came with it with the aquarium systems twister one. It is alot thinner and now I can get everywhere in the tank plus it has a much stronger magnet so it actually cleans. The stock one didn't really even clean.

yellowtangman

The Candy Cane frag just wouldn't stay in place or if I found a place it would stay, it wouldn't look good so I finally just glue it in place with this aquarium epoxy putty stuff. I really like how it looks in its new place. I'll post a pic later.

• 2 months later...
yellowtangman

Well I figured I should bring my thread back from the dead. It's been awhile and alot has happened! Please tell me what you think. I totally reaquascaped the whole thing after recieving my second order from SeaCrop. I also added a False Percula clownfish. I realize he will eventuall outgrow this tank and when that happens he will move to my dad's office. He is the perfect size for the tank right now though. Enough of my blabbering, onto the pics.

First an FTS

ehjgix.jpg

And now for some shots of the individual corals:

"Blue Candy" Not really that blue but cool anyway

10.jpg

Daisy Polyps

10.jpg

Blue Striped Shroom

10.jpg

Xenia happily pulsing away

ehjkpd.jpg

My super cool centerpiece Maze Brain

ehk56a.jpg

Alveopora and Zoos

ehk5ew.jpg

One of 3 Scarlet Hermits

ehk5tz.jpg

Neon Green Frilly Shroom

ehk61j.jpg

And last but not least, and FTS under moonlights

ehk6dw.jpg

Please comment on my tank and let me know what you think.

The one that says daisy polyps is the same one as the blue candy. Heres the daisys.

ehk8cw.jpg

yellowtangman

Some more pics just for fun.

Heres a great shot of my Alveopora. Its doing great and looking better than ever before in it's new spot.

ei6o03.jpg

This is a nice FTS where you can see the clown. He seems to be very happy and is the perfect size for this tank.

ei6pz9.jpg

Lemme know what you guys think.

yellowtangman

Thanks for your comments. Today I got my hands on my mom's camera which is better than mine in every aspect. I didn't really think the pics I had posted before really brought out what the tank actually looked like. These colors are much more accurate and I think the tank looks more realistic over all.

First an FTS

epho61.jpg

Heres another decent FTS

ephqaq.jpg

Heres a pretty good shot of my baby clown

ephopu.jpg

Here is my "zoo garden", I have more zoos in the tank but there are a lot in this area. They are not all open right now but there are red centered, greens, and oranges.

ephqnb.jpg

I think this shot is cool. It almost looks like hes out in the wild.

ephr8n.jpg

Thats all for now. Let me know what you think.

• 1 month later...
yellowtangman

Here are some final pics to finish out the contest.

Mushroom Garden looking good

ifzq7r.jpg

Blue Candys lookin nice

ifzqrr.jpg

The only thing added since my last post was this candy

ifzsco.jpg

Star Polyps

ifzsy0.jpg

And Xenia

ifztdj.jpg

Thats it for me. I hope the judges like my tank.

Archived