ReefCleaners.org

[STOCK]yellowtangman

yellowtangman

yellowtangman

I'm in the contest now. I hope its not to late to join.

Here is my entry photo

9igupw.jpg

And heres another pic after I filled it

9igux3.jpg

Sorry for the bad picture quality. My camera sucks plus i'm not very good at taking pics of my tanks.

yellowtangman

Thanks for the good luck! I guess I should probably post some specs. Everything is stock since i'm in the stock contest. I took out the ceramic rings and bio-balls. I am leaving in the activated carbon at least until the cycle is over and I will probably replace it every month or two. I also left in the sponge. I may leave it in or take it out later. I'm getting some LR/LS tommorow, i'll post a pic when I get it in. Thats about it for now.

Mat

yellowtangman

Today I picked up some LR/LS. The LFS just tore down someones tank so they had alot of nice LR that was literally purple from all the coraline. I got a few pieces of that and then some pieces of branching rock that did not have much color but have been in there for a month so they were mostly cured. It is all Figi and Tonga Branch rock. They were also nice enough to open a bag of LS and just sell me 5 lbs. I don't have any pics right now because the whole tank is a major sand storm. It is so cloudy I couldn't see what I was doing with the rock so I just threw it in there. Tommorow I'll stack it how I want it and then post a pic.

Mat

yellowtangman

I stacked the rock today. I spent an hour and a half and I still don't like it but I just left it like this. I will probably restack it later today or tommorow but for now this is what it looks like.

9iguh3.jpg

yellowtangman

For coral i'm probably going to do a mix of softies and LPS. For fish one yellow clown gobie OR bi-color blennie. Then either a cleaner or fire shrimp and other critters (eg. snails, hermits, etc.) When I was at the store yesterday getting rock and sand they had these really nice orange zoos. I got them and put them in my 20h while this tank cycles then I'll move them over to this tank.

yellowtangman

How do you guys like the new rock structure? Sorry about the reflections, how do you take pics without them? Do you take them at night?

yellowtangman

I liked my rock how it was, BUT..........the whole structure collapsed! I didn't feel like restacking it tonight so i'll fix it tommorow and post a pic. The ammonia has spiked. If it continues at this rate, i'll be done cycling by next weekend, i'll just have to see what happens.

yellowtangman

Well I finally decided to stack the rock. This is my third and hopefully final rock stacking. I tested my water yesterday and today and my nitrate peaked and is now starting to go down. Here is a picture of my new rock structure.

9igtp0.jpg

yellowtangman

This is my favorite too. I liked the second one when I did it but now in comparison I think this one is much better. There are more shelf type places to put coral, which I will have LOTS of!

yellowtangman

I tested the water today and my nitrates were at 15 ppm. I am taking this as an indication that my cycle is almost over. I did a water change today (about 3/4-1 gallon) to help take care of the nitrates. I ordered some frags from SeaCrop which are scheduled to be delivered Thursday. I hope the tank is ready for them and if it isn't i'll just put them in my 20h until it is ready. I think it will be ready because all of my rock was fully cured. I will stop by the LFS to get some snails and hermits before my SeaCrop order comes.

yellowtangman

Today I tested my water again and did a water change. Tommorow my order from SeaCrop is coming. I will post pics of my order tommorow when I get it. I did not have a chance to get any inverts and I can't spare any from my 20 gallon. I hope everthing is fine. I also added some frags from my 20 gallon.

Here is a Xenia frage I added.

9igr6d.jpg

Here is a mushroom I added.

9igrgi.jpg

Here is a full tank shot.

9igrp1.jpg

yellowtangman

I'm not really sure. It just came on a piece of LR when I set up my 20 gallon. It was in a cave in that tank and I thought since it wasn't doing anything there, it would be nice in this tank so I moved it over.

yellowtangman

Theres actually 2 shrooms on that rock. It spread in the 20 gallon too. There are 2 shrooms in the sand in the 20 gallon. And it spread like that even though it was in a cave. I can't imagine how fast it will spread right out in the open. I'm probably gonna glue those shrooms onto this rock in this tank.

Archived