Coral Vue Hydros

[STOCK] tkramer

tkramer

After having a run in with one of the cracked cubes I have finally secured a replacement tank and it has been up and cycling for 3 days now (pictures to come). As of now I am going to see how running it stock works out. I am really tempted to do some lighting upgrades but at the same time pretty timid.

I would ultimately like to be running 2.18w bulbs with the ballast still integrated into the hood. The problems I see with this is having to disconnect the moonlighting and wiring/fitting the new ballast into the hood, fans, and switch. I guess i'll have to do some reading and take some measurements as I do not have much experience working with lighting.

Anyway, commenting on the cracked cubes, I have noticed somethign very interesting about my new cube. The platic brace that goes all the way around the top of the glass is not alligned properly...I'm not sure if this could be causing all the pressure issues and cracked cubes but it sure seems funny to me. On the left front corner of the cube the glass is much closer to the outside trim than on the right side (where I can almost stick my pinky finger in between the glass and the plastic) Anyone want to take a look at there cube and see if they are experiencing the same "issue?"

Take care guys. I'll Be posting pictures soon!

I would ultimately like to be running 2.18w bulbs with the ballast still integrated into the hood. The problems I see with this is having to disconnect the moonlighting and wiring/fitting the new ballast into the hood, fans, and switch. I guess i'll have to do some reading and take some measurements as I do not have much experience working with lighting.

So its not really stock then?

• 2 months later...

Archived