• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

GruntSculpin

GruntSculpin

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • Joined 06 Jun 2005

Got my 6 from nanotuners this afternoon. I thought it passed the first leak test so I went to the lfs who was pretty excited to help me and picked up my first batch of live rock, sand, and water from their established system. I got it home and in the cube, and after watching it for 20 minutes there was a small persistant leak. About 1/2 cup an hour.

Everythings in a new 10g at the moment. Not sure what I'm going to do.

Actually the positively first thing I'll do is contact nanotuners and find out what they think.

Chris

Agent003

Agent003

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Joined 06 Jun 2005
My experience with them is nothing but positive. Did you locate the source of the leak? If so, make sure you take a picture because that is what JBJ is going to want.

Maxvan1

Maxvan1

MV

• Members
  • 831 posts
  • Joined 18 Jun 2004
Wow, 3 leaks/cracks in the competition...

GruntSculpin

GruntSculpin

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • Joined 06 Jun 2005
I got some pictures, and I'll get some more. The leak is somewhere in the bottom glass/frame area.

Chris

GruntSculpin

GruntSculpin

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • Joined 06 Jun 2005
Turns out the back glass was cracked under the "shroud". Expecting my new tank early next week. All of my rock is in a 10 cycling away, hopefully that will save me some time when I do get my new tank.

It really does look like the damage was done in shipping. There was slight damage to both boxes, slight enough I didn't even notice when I unpacked it. The damage does correspond to where the back of the cube was.

I am seriously debating going to open, picking up some more circulation and a 2x24 lighting mod with an external ballast. If anything does happen to my by then stocked six, I could move the lights ontop of the 10 and keep my critters alive.

Chris - GruntSculpin

adinsxq

adinsxq

hello kitty

• Moderators
  • 14,528 posts
  • Joined 30 Sep 2002
  • CA, VA
For more information, see this thread

http://nano-reef.com...&threadid=59721

Hope to see you back in the contest soon!

(Don't forget to submit your entry photo before you fill the tank)

Long live the CM!