Pod Your Reef

Got a leaker...

GruntSculpin

GruntSculpin

Got my 6 from nanotuners this afternoon. I thought it passed the first leak test so I went to the lfs who was pretty excited to help me and picked up my first batch of live rock, sand, and water from their established system. I got it home and in the cube, and after watching it for 20 minutes there was a small persistant leak. About 1/2 cup an hour.

Everythings in a new 10g at the moment. Not sure what I'm going to do.

Actually the positively first thing I'll do is contact nanotuners and find out what they think.

Chris

My experience with them is nothing but positive. Did you locate the source of the leak? If so, make sure you take a picture because that is what JBJ is going to want.

GruntSculpin

Turns out the back glass was cracked under the "shroud". Expecting my new tank early next week. All of my rock is in a 10 cycling away, hopefully that will save me some time when I do get my new tank.

It really does look like the damage was done in shipping. There was slight damage to both boxes, slight enough I didn't even notice when I unpacked it. The damage does correspond to where the back of the cube was.

I am seriously debating going to open, picking up some more circulation and a 2x24 lighting mod with an external ballast. If anything does happen to my by then stocked six, I could move the lights ontop of the 10 and keep my critters alive.

Chris - GruntSculpin

Archived