ReefCleaners.org

I got tired of waiting to buy a nano skimmer...

Nico

Originally posted by jcavalie

This skimmer looks quite similar to the ****** skimmer i have hanging on the back of my nano (eclipse 12g).

I thought the idea was to have it be called "the modeled after not to be named skimmer" now the company may get mad GOOD JOB :(

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks like a CPR bakpak clone. did you use their design?

also, how dark is the skimmate? i was thinking about building a bakpak clone but i just wonder if i'd be wasting my money...

what do you rate the skimmer thus far? has it improve your tank drastically?

looks like a CPR bakpak clone. did you use their design?

also, how dark is the skimmate? i was thinking about building a bakpak clone but i just wonder if i'd be wasting my money...

what do you rate the skimmer thus far? has it improved your tank drastically?

• 1 month later...

If I understood correctly, he can't really show us the internal workings because, uhh...the skimmer is sealed and it's smoked acrylic so you can't really see through it either.

"Looks like a bakpak clone" wow....all I can say.

Nico, any plans yet? Or even just a quick drawing of the way you positioned the baffles. Measurements would be great too, but baffle placement first :D

Oh, and I"m pretty sure it's a spay injection model, much like a not to be named brand :

I would like some info too on this great little skimmer. I need one for my 24dx, but I don't know too much about skimmers. I have some plexi lying around I would like to use.

• 3 weeks later...

Nico, when you do post the plans, everyone who uses them should send you a frag. That will make up for all the aggravation you're getting from all the people who are pestering you for the plans. I think its a nice swap.

I have nbeen fooling with a small air powered skimmer myself for i n my 2 gal PICO.....It works, but my main pr9blem is a decent air pump that is consistant and a good air adjust valve.....its built around a 3/4" piece of acrylic tube, and is very similar to a Lee's. If I hade more room in that little 2 gal, I would opt for a small pump powered protein skimmer......

That looks like a nano *****a! Maybe ****C should start making those, at least a few to sell to nanoers.

Very well built. If I didn't know it was DIY, I would say that ****C built it themselves.

• 4 years later...

Archived