ReefCleaners.org

[OPEN] oogie

oogie

tinyreef: Yeah, I just want to line the bottom of the tank because I will be going bare bottom. IMO, eggcrates look ugly. I know several people lined their tank with starboard, which is same thing as cutting board, on a bare bottom tank and worked great. I wanted to originally try to cut it to fit, but this one seems to fit pretty well. We'll see what I will ultimatly do.

Rick J G: LOL I actually like that show alot. Although, I like American Chopper better!

gman0526: I actually thought of plugging the hole on the board but I am not sure if I really need to do that!

MadTownMax: I am defunatly interested especially if he has lots of sps and cool zoos. Let me know!

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Maxvan1

who's that?  

I was kidding by the way (if you see some of my posts on RC I say that alot... thats all)

Maxvan1 - Yea, just kidding too.

We like Zonies (people of the Arizona persuasion) ‘round here.

They come & spend their money here all summer then head home for the winter.

Oogie - Sorry to hijack your thread

:blush:

Here are couple shots of sump I will be using.

And yes, with sump, it will definatly be under 12G of water!

Its very basic design.

sump01.jpg

Shot of sump w/ gravity fed auto topoff unit!

sump02.jpg

Here is pic of first coat of paint done. Since I am getting way delayed in starting the tank, I might just leave it as is but we shall see.

hood07.jpg

hood08.jpg

I painted couple more coats to my hood.

Here are some pics of finished hood.

hood09.jpg

hood10.jpg

Thanks for looking!

SWEET, that's awsome how you bondoed the hle thing, sanded it down, and made it look perrrrty lol. nice work, can't wait to see the final product B)

Here are shots with 80mm fans installed. I decided to go with led fans so that they can act as moonlights also! I can't reproduce the effects with camera but fan blade spinning makes nice shimmering effect for the moonlights!

hood11.jpg

hood12.jpg

hood13.jpg

Thanks!

bare-bottom... Booooooo.

Wow... this is out of control, really good work.

I see you just ground out the hole with the dremel... what bit did you use for the inital hole? Does that make sense?

I've had trouble with small cracks coming out of the inital hole, so I normally penetrate the tank in the middle of my hole, then grind out...

haha... looking really nice. Good work.

talk about bling bling... all that light for a measly little 6 gallons! you're going all out on this competition :)

good stuff w/the hood mod, i wonder if anyone else can catch up

ojyarumaru, Travis, Uchina: Thanks for your comments!

Stanley: For circle, I do start in the middle then work my way out. For squares, I just use cutting wheels then sand it smooth. I use re-enforced cutting wheels and I use those little sanders for grinding. Works great on plastic.

Thanks!

Hey Oogie, any chance we can see the underside of the hood? Just curious how the light mod looks under all that... Can you get to it from above or is the hood all one piece now and only accessable from under it.

hey oogie, its looking great.

i do have a small suggestion though, you need to chromepaint the pvc pipes at the back for the real monster tank look

Love this cube!!

Maybe a fan installed in the feeder hood blowing in for flow-through ventilation. A case fan w/leds in the feeder hood would add even more of the moon-light effect and also be functional for temp reduction, think you're gonna need it!! I've got 2-80's & 2-60's in my hood with a feeder vent. Want to install a fan there but haven't gotten a-round-tuit. Living vicariously through yours as I hope mine breaks...(posted elsewhere).

calvin415: Here is shot of under the hood. I am not done smoothing out edges but this is what I got so far. I used 1/2 CPVC pipes to hide all the wiring.

hood14.jpg

brianemone: I love chrome! But those pipes will be hidden under the hood!

trumph: Thanks for that suggestion. I have 2 80mm fan blowing in and two 40mm fans in the MH ecloser blowing out. I had MH on for about 11 hours today and i did not burn my house down! So far it seems like a success!

my suggestion is to take out the pvc. they're for like for protection rite? so water doesn't affect the wires?. try heat shrink tubes. it'll look sleeker and give you more room to do god knows wat. 2 more 13 watts PC?? haha keep up the good work. you can get heat shrink tubes at radio shack btw.

alexbush: Well, you can't see it when hood is closed!

CARPUS: I actually have lots of them but, i didn't want it to melt under the hot MH lighting!

Archived