ReefCleaners.org

[OPEN] oogie

oogie

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by NanoBobby

Where's the six line?

I took him out and put him in my other tank.

I think with all those corals, its getting little tight for him!

q, reven, ebin, shrrom: thanks for kind words!!!

Originally posted by oogie

No. Have you? Is it nice????

OMG, I am so excited!!! ANOTHER LFS!!!!!!

You got address or phonenumber?

Any info yet?

I had no idea you guys were so close.

I'm from West Paterson.

Absolutly Fish - Nice selection High Prices

The LFS on RT 4 - Lower prices, quality ? , Selection poor

The LFS on rt23 in wayne - Low price, ok selection sometimes, quality pretty good

So what's the story on the new place in Saddle Brook?????

Dave

Originally posted by dhenning25

Any info yet?

I had no idea you guys were so close.

I'm from West Paterson.

Absolutly Fish - Nice selection High Prices

The LFS on RT 4 - Lower prices, quality ? , Selection poor

The LFS on rt23 in wayne - Low price, ok selection sometimes, quality pretty good

So what's the story on the new place in Saddle Brook?????

Dave

Wow, thats pretty close to me. I am from Fort Lee!

LFS on RT. 4 near hilton hotel is pretty bad i think. Very expensive too! I usually shop at Absolutley Fish in Clifton or Reef Ebcounter in Hackensack. I don't know the address or name of rhe new place so I haven't been there yet.

Travis, Tony: thanks for the comments!

As you noticed before, my sig always said "Anyone have HOT-PINK prostrata for me?"

I finally got one thanks to http://www.platinumreefs.com/ and Tigahboy! This is absolutely the most pink prostrata I have ever seen!!!! Its so pink, I am getting burning sensation under there just by looking at it!

Here is pic!

acro12.jpg

Here is another full tank shot.

full11.gif

Thanks

Originally posted by mushroom head

Oogie,looks like some of your corals are turning brown :(

Well, everything actually colored up nicely except that greenish colonie with acro crab in it. It turned brown. Hopefully it will turn back to green!

FishFreak: I believe he has more frags for you to buy.

brianemone: Thats actully a good idea. But I think I am gonna stick with acros in such a small tank.

g0tfish: Thanks for your comments!

Travis: Perhaps!

Sweet, the tank is going to realy be sweet once all the SPS grow in.

Guess what Oogie, I have 2090 Gallons being turned over every hour in my 29, that's a turn over rate of 72, and I can still keep the sand on the bottum :D

This is going to turn out great. Nice addition of the SCWD. :D

I agree that the connected offsite sump will allow you to cool the water better since you'll be using metal halides. Should also help to some degree with evaporation.

Originally posted by oogie

brianemone: Thats actully a good idea.  But I think I am gonna stick with acros in such a small tank.

If you're not stuck completely on that idea, maybe you could grow the Montipora Cap. on your back wall. I've heard of many people having success getting it to grow on their back wall.

~Brian

Travis: Thats hard to do! Hat of to you for having such a high flow in the tank without causing a sandstorm! BTW, this NC6 has 150X turn over rate! LOL

phreebds: Thanks for the comment! BTW, FreeBSD ownz! although Linux ownz little harder! LOL

thebrian: Thanks for that suggestion! I am gonna sit now for awhile but I will definatley consider it!

Ok, here are most likely my FINAL 2 pieces.

Yellow tipped pink milli!

acro13.jpg

Blue with green tip acro! Color is little faded on the pic.

acro14.jpg

Full tank shot comming soon!

THanks!

Originally posted by Travis

WOW 150x!!!  No wonder you didn't want a sand bed :D

LOL I know!

Ok, so starting today, I deceided to give ZEOvit system a try. I will let you know how it works out!

zeovit01.jpg

Thanks

Ok, here is an update.

I have good news amd VERY VERY VERY bad news for my tank!

First here is a good news. I added a Turaki frag courtey of supernip.

acro15.jpg

Bad news is, I finally acquired Oregon Tortusa from supernip. I have been looking for o-trot forever! So I glued the frag like I would any other frag using cyanoacrylate glue. Next morning, when I got to my tank, it was GONE! Snails must have knocked it off! It was a small 1/2" frag and I looked everywhere, and moved around as much rock as possible and I CAN"T FIND IT!!! ARRRGHHHHH......

cool new turaki. make sure to update us with pics to see what the zeovit can do. also make sure you are very careful with dosing the components. you can nuke a tank of your size very easily with zeo.

Originally posted by bbkid43

cool new turaki.  make sure to update us with pics to see what the zeovit can do.  also make sure you are very careful with dosing the components.  you can nuke a tank of your size very easily with zeo.

Thanks for the warning on Zeovit. I am aware of the danger of crashing my tank with Zeo. But now that I heard from you, I will be even more careful! For those of you interested, this is recommendation I got from zeovit.com.

1)dose 50ml zeolites in a filter sock in a high flow area. Exchange the stones in 4wks. After this exchange, the change-out interval extends to 6wks.

2)dose 25ml Carbon in a filter sock in a slower flow area of your sump. Knead the carbon bag 3 x's/wk. Change the carbon monthly.

3)dose 1 drop Bak/Food7 2x's/wk

4)dose 1 drop Start 2 x's/wk. Turn off your skimmer for 60min after dosing these.

5) dose 1 drop AAHC daily

Here is latest full tank shot. Still can't get all the colors to come out though. Either I have bad cam or my picture taking skill sucks!

full13.jpg

Thanks

Archived