• Created
  • Last Reply

MUWHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I DID IT!

:

hole01.jpg

hole02.jpg

hole03.jpg

I know I know, its not perfectly circular but, bulkhead fits great and rubber ring seals it!

I can't believe I even had balls to try it with dremel!

WOW, I've never seen anyone cut glass with a dremel.

You learn something new every day around here!!!

Good Luck

You have a sump on a Nanocube? Hey, I just realized something, for OPEN you could link 2 Nanocubes together and be right at 12 gallons! Heheheh, I don't know what the purpose of that would be!!!!! Muhahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by InuYasha

You have a sump on a Nanocube?  Hey, I just realized something, for OPEN you could link 2 Nanocubes together and be right at 12 gallons!  Heheheh, I don't know what the purpose of that would be!!!!!  Muhahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought about that, but I came to the conclusion that I was too poor..

Originally posted by InuYasha

I don't know what the purpose of that would be!

Well, for one, increased water volume. Always a plus when dealing with such a small tank. Another is I can have skimmer and have it out of sight so I can keep the streamlined look. Also, this way I can use external pumps so that it will keep the water cool. With MH i will be putting in the hood, every little bit helps temp wise.

It also gives me ability to add iceprobe in the sump.

I am sure there are more advantages but these are main reasons.

Actually, I was refering to having the 2 tanks linked together, not the sump, I get that, just giving ya a hard time ;)

Here is shot of little SCWD plumbing done. Sorry for the dirty tank! Its understandable cause I have been mutilating it ever since I got it!

plumb01.jpg

plumb02.jpg

plumb03.jpg

plumb04.jpg

looks very nice, are you going to close up the original hole (where the stock flow shot out)? I love that closed loop! Looks very clean!!

Kogut, calvin: Thanks for the comments!

InuYasha: Oh, ok. stop giving hard time! LOL

alexwbush: Hmm didn't think about that hole. I guess I should right?

Tigahboy: I DARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:P

Originally posted by oogie

Tigahboy: I DARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:P

so u wanna battle. too tempting now. :

Ok. here is some pic of hood work in-progress.

When I recieved NC6, like everyone else in the "open" competition, I started gutting the hood. After its been absolutley stripped, I try to fit my 70W MH retro kit from aquabuys.com. I found out that reflector is little to thick for the hood.

So I was thiking if I should make my own reflector then I saw my old finnex 18W PC fixture in the corner of my closet. So I thought, what the hell, lets make more room in the hood rather then cram it with MH which in turn could give me heat issues. So this is what I did!

hood02.jpg

Here is shot of under the hood.

hood01.jpg

Now here is at current stage. I have applied some bondo automotive bodyfiller to smooth out the hood. Yes, it looks scary and all beat up but after sanding and painting I am sure it will look great!

hood03.jpg

I used same bondo method with front of my PC case which is actually made with similar material as NC6 hood.

oogiecube2.jpg

Hope my NC6 hood will be as smooth and nice as this case came out!

Archived