ReefCleaners.org

[OPEN] Rick J G

rickjg

:welcome: SanDiegoIllini

This clipping of the sweeper causes no long term harm? Does it grow back after awhile? (Necessitating more clipping?) I suppose if the hammer is being fed non-living supplimental food anyways then I guess it doesn't really need the sweeper to sting prey.

I don’t think cutting off the sweeper hurts the hammer much. Sweepers are used a weapon, not for food gathering.

No new sweepers have developed since the apstasia that caused the problem is no longer within reach of the hammer.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
addam4208283

great tank. the xenia looks great and i really like the rics that you have in the lowere right hand corner. i also like your 24gl vive that you did. have you gotten your vents yet for it. what kind did you get, gray or blue leg?

ADAM

great tank. the xenia looks great and i really like the rics that you have in the lowere right hand corner. i also like your 24gl vive that you did. have you gotten your vents yet for it. what kind did you get, gray or blue leg?

ADAM

Hey Adam

I'm getting three vents on Sunday from Dane @ JUNGLEBOX.NET

Update

vent1.jpg

I did confirm that the Vents in my care are officially of the blue leg line

(although I can’t tell the difference between blue leg & gray leg lines,

they look more of a greenish tint to me)

• 2 weeks later...
addam4208283

they're a nice frog. i have a breeding group of them. at first you don't see much of them but with time you will see and hear more from them. at one point i didn't see anything in their vert tank for 6 months. i got scared that they died so i made a new tank for them and ripped apart the old tank to find them. now that they are in a reg 10gl hor. tank i see more of them. plus they started to breed.

ADAM

• 4 weeks later...

Your tank is beautiful. Very inspiring... in fact, since I first saw it a couple months ago I've been planning on adding Xenia to the back wall of my tank. I think it looks awesome, great idea. If you ever want to sell off any of your extras, let me know! I'm in SD too.

Lindsey

Your tank is beautiful. Very inspiring... in fact, since I first saw it a couple months ago I've been planning on adding Xenia to the back wall of my tank. I think it looks awesome, great idea. If you ever want to sell off any of your extras, let me know! I'm in SD too.

Lindsey

Lindsey,

No problem :)

Are you going to the SD frag swap on 6/24/06?

I can bring some Xenia for you to the swap.

I plan on bringing frags of other corals out of my tank, too.

Frag Swap / SDReefs BBQ

-Rick

nice tank. i too like that xenia.

shivametimbas

Jump on a plane, make it to the frag swap

& you too can have some Xenia :lol:

-Rick

Thanks, unfortunately I have to work that day until 6. By the time I could get there it would be close to 7, it'll be way over by then. -_- Too bad it's not this Saturday. Thanks a lot anyway Rick! Maybe next time.

Lindsey

Thanks, unfortunately I have to work that day until 6. By the time I could get there it would be close to 7, it'll be way over by then. -_- Too bad it's not this Saturday. Thanks a lot anyway Rick! Maybe next time.

Lindsey

YGPM

• 3 months later...

Hey Rick-Long time no chat and it's been a while since you've updated this thread with pics. ;) Been a LONG time since I've been on NR.com. Lots of things have changed and lots of things haven't changed.

Still got the old Alife in storage? Mine has seen better days but it's still kicking with the same single 27W light.

NC6 is looking quite nice.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

YOU SHOULD SELL CUSTOM TANKS....YOUR WAY! Guide US Obee-whan!

I'm a FNG with no marine tank yet. I can't justify the funds at this time, BUT I Think a nano could work. If you could go back, knowing then what you know now, what would be your small budget starter tank be? I remember the small clownfish from my scuba experiences and will have one or two depending on what YOU tell me.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey Rick, your tank is looking awesome. I just got a biocube 14g and am going to be doing some of the mods you have done but in particular I wanted to know if you could explain how you drilled your 2nd champer? If you could tell me step by step how you did that and what equipment I need that woudl be appreciated.

Working on tank mods now

I’m NOT going to run the original pump in the third chamber,

Switched to Rio 90

plus add a second pump in the same chamber.

I plumbed the additional pump to the second chamber.

chamberswpumpspic.jpg

The surface skimmer is made from a 4mm data cartridge case.

The case is just the right size for the nc6 and I can snap it on & off.

The cuts are not to clean because it is very soft plastic,

but I only plan to use it when necessary as the surface scum accumulates.

DSCN5233.jpg

Here is something I suggest you make.

It’s a small eggcrate cut to the size of the chambers.

It makes it easy to pull things out of the chambers,

because it is very difficult to get your hand in there.

It also protects the bottom glass from falling objects.

eggcrate.jpg

eggcrateinchamber.jpg

Hey Rick, your tank is looking awesome. I just got a biocube 14g and am going to be doing some of the mods you have done but in particular I wanted to know if you could explain how you drilled your 2nd champer? If you could tell me step by step how you did that and what equipment I need that woudl be appreciated.

ZooZ, thanks for the kudos.

The back chambers are plastic so are super easy to drill, the hard part is finding a drill small enough to fit into the tank. Some people like to use a bulkhead for the outlet of the 2nd pump, but IMO the penetration does not need to be 100% water tight. I just used a drill bit that made a hole that was a tight fit for the hose to hold the outlet and it works fine.

Rick

• 6 months later...
Ladner_Chevy

Insane man.. And on your desk. Thats is nuts. You must have alot of time on your hands.. I bet your an accountant.

• 3 months later...

Archived