inTank Media Baskets

ProFlatlander15's 29Gal Project

ProFlatlander15

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ProFlatlander15

ordered a piece of glass for the canopy today, will be ready tomorrow. i am going to lift it up as far as i can off the water so i can get maximum air flow to avoid any heat/gas exchange problems...

i will defnitely vouch for a membership to CRAP

Originally posted by Perpetual98

Welcome to CRAP.  The Compulsive Reef Addicts Poorhouse.

Perpetual98, I nearly fell off my chair laughing when I read that :D

ProFlatlander15

whew...my ballasts are on their way, so i hope to get them wired up soon, canopy is finished otherwise, just need the electrcian to look at the circuit...

ProFlatlander15

thanks, the stand...is able to hold the 29G (30x12x18)perfectly. theres a 1" border around the stand (which is thw width of the sides) making a footprint of 32"x14". oh yeah the stand is 34" high (or sumthin close).

o yeah i put in 4 LED moonlights today, pics tomorrow!

ProFlatlander15

i have 4 LEDs in the canopy, all wired to a 12V 600mA AC adapter. i drilled holes in the canopy, and plugged the LED into the hole.

LED_Closeup.jpg

the first FTS...a little empty, i know, but its comming along. speaking of, i got my ballasts today from AquaCave on ebay, and will be wiring them tomorrow! woohoo!

FTS11.jpg

ProFlatlander15

here is a ballast holder that i made. the reason it is so big is because my 5G bucket ATO system will sit on top if it.

Ballast_Holder.jpg

here it is painted and the ballasts mounted.. it can also serve as a shelf for food, supplements, etc.

Ballasts_Mounted.jpg

i hooked up my lights today, and the bubls flicker. does that mean i might not have a good ground?

It may mean that your don't have good conection between the bulb and sockets, or that the ballasts arn't putting out enough electricity to keep the bulbs fired.

ProFlatlander15

thx trav, im thinkin that it may be the amount of electricity too, cuz we have the big screen and the computer on the same circuit...

ProFlatlander15

well, good and bad news today. the electrician came, and tied in my circuit to out electrical panel, so i can finally plug my tank in. the bad news: Walmart was out of distilled water so i have to wait for them to get it to fill up my tank.

even worse news is the piece of glass (splashguard) i had over my lights cracked and fell into my (thank god, waterless) tank. i think it is due to the heat from the lights. i guess i am going to go with tempered....

your tank's lookin nice....hey I was just lookin at your post in the lighting section sorry but I'm not going to be any help on the flickering thing but you will deff want to use tempered glass when I first made my fixture I put one of those "stab in" meat thermometers touching the glass and well the thermometer only went up to 190 and the needle went WAY past that...did'nt you use "regent" stuff for your lights ? use the glass that came with them if you can it's tempered and will be good to go...

ProFlatlander15

yea, thx DH. actually my float glass shattered ( i dont kno if u put that in my other post) after my lights were on for about a half hour, lol. so i modded a 'frame'(pics tomorrow) from the tempered glass from the Regents.

on other terms, i filled the tank with water today, and am having incredible gurgling, even with the dursos....bad news...again...

ProFlatlander15

a bracket made from C-stock aluminum and the Regent glass. hopefully this won't shatter, and allow more air to flow through the lights.

Glass_Bracket.jpg

this is the tank with the lights on before the float glass shattered.

First_Lights.jpg

I cleared the shelf at walmart 2 days in a row to get this...

Water_.jpg

and finally....after 5 months of planning, research, and work....

oh yeah, and lots of money....

water is in the tank!

Water_Settling.jpg

the dust is settling...so its a little cloudy.

i am having wicked problems with my dursos and noise, i might try the gurgle buster instead...enjoy!

Archived