Cultivated Reef

Reefer Addict's Ganja oops Coral Farm

Reefer Addict

Reefer Addict

I was thinking about getting tickets. Street price is going to be about $1,000 a piece! Guess I will have to watch it at home.

And the streak will not be broken!!!!! Next year though is another story....

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reefer Addict

My travel schedule for work has increased dramaically (basically 50% on the road every month). Due to this, it's been very difficult for me to maintain my tanks....

Okay, I apologize upfront about hijacking the thread but ebin, that avatar is hilarious!! I love it :)

By the way RA, I hop you'll let me in on anything you give up if you leave the hobby :P I want some of those acans!!

Reefer Addict
ohhhhhhhhh the game is getting closer!

The countdown has begun!!!!!!

I want some of those acans!!

Are you talking about my plain jane stuff......? B)

RA, this is sad news. And after all the hard work you put into your tanks... :(

Oh well, you'll be back. They always come back! ;)

Let me know if you need a good home for any of your "special" corals. I don't mean to be a vulture, but I'm interested. :)

Have a good New Year!

Rob

Reefer Addict

Thinking of putting together another 'Crack Pack'. Either way, I don't think I will totally break down the two tanks. I'll just go the lgreen route and just turn them into 'live rock species tanks' or 'off site marine bio labs' (or whatever he decides to call them these days) :lol:... It doesn't take a lot of effort or knowledge to maintain those types of tanks... That way the tanks will be ready if and when I have more time to put into them...

The countdown has begun!!!!!!

Are you talking about my plain jane stuff......? B)

*Cough*streak broken*cough*

sorry but the last few years been watching v.young and he has it. lienart doesent. (those 2 guys in the backfield are your only hope on wednesday)

Thinking of putting together another 'Crack Pack'. Either way, I don't think I will totally break down the two tanks. I'll just go the lgreen route and just turn them into 'live rock species tanks' or 'off site marine bio labs' (or whatever he decides to call them these days) :lol:... It doesn't take a lot of effort or knowledge to maintain those types of tanks... That way the tanks will be ready if and when I have more time to put into them...

you owe me 4 paper towels to replace the ones I used to clean the soda off my screen. B)

• 3 months later...
Reefer Addict

Picked up and played around with a new flash clamp.

An updated pic of my PHAT Dendro. Things has grown to over 30 heads!!... B)

Dendro042706.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Reefer Addict

My RBTA was looking kind of strange this morning so I took a picture. Sorry for the bad pics. My MH's lights do not come on until the evening.... I'll take better pic's later when I have a better environment to work with...

This morning...

RBTA1.jpg

And then there were two... Found this when I came back from lunch...

"Mom" after splitting.

RBTAMom.jpg

"Baby" after splitting...

RBTABaby.jpg

Baby on the left.... Mom on the right....

RBTAMomBaby.jpg

Congrats RA. I know that RBTA split because of your healthy tank and not stress. Killer tank. Do you ever worry about those RBTA's moving into other corals?

Reefer Addict
Congrats RA. I know that RBTA split because of your healthy tank and not stress. Killer tank. Do you ever worry about those RBTA's moving into other corals?

Thanks Cesar! The splitting actually saved me some money. I was looking for another cool looking RBTA to put into my "Crack" tank... B) I am not worried about the RBTA stinging anything. It's all about survival of the fittest in my tanks. So far it has not stung anything... My orange crush though is another story. It will sting and destroy pretty much anything that comes within it's touch....

I am not worried about the RBTA stinging anything. It's all about survival of the fittest in my tanks. So far it has not stung anything... My orange crush though is another story. It will sting and destroy pretty much anything that comes within it's touch....

:P Funny thing is that I have wanted one since I have the right lights and my water params are excellent but I worry too much about that stinging stuff.

I have a Chalice that has fallen over and landed on other things and man what an a$$ kicking it has given. It has destroyed some rics and a real nice acan lord I had :angry: But that Chalice is tough.

Reefer Addict
:P Funny thing is that I have wanted one since I have the right lights and my water params are excellent but I worry too much about that stinging stuff.

The dark red one's with neon green highlights are soooo cool. I watched 'mom' and a blasto go at it (as in stinging each other) yesterday. It looked as if the blasto was getting the best of the RBTA. No harn was done. 'Mom' just moved away and is now side by side next to her 'baby'... B)

Reefer Addict

I just took this about 15 minutes ago. A post split pic! Baby on left. Mom on right. You really can't tell for 'baby' is pretty much the same size as mom when they both flare out...

Medusa.jpg

I just took this about 15 minutes ago. A post split pic! Baby on left. Mom on right. You really can't tell for 'baby' is pretty much the same size as mom when they both flare out...

Anem2_copy.jpg

WOW RA that's awesome looking. That makes me want an Anemone now.

Reefer Addict

Thanks Cesar! Now I just need to find a black oynx pair and the world will be good... B)

• 2 weeks later...

wtf, i hate when n-r's email system doesn't send me my updates. i can see that i missed a splitting of an anemone (that's bad ass, btw!) and some new pics. i can't believe how huge that dendro is-- it looks like it could swallow your sixline if it could catch him! :D

sweet echino, score, too. i'll post a pic of my monster that i've been waiting to frag out sometime soon.

do us all a favor and take individual pictures of all your goodies-- that way i can see your PPE colony and drool. :D

btw, it's funny how you said your tank is basically 'survival of the fittest'-- my 12 gallon is the same way. i never test, i have corals and fish in there, i just did the first water change (it hadn't had new water since i moved into my apt. a year ago), and is nearly never fed. how the fish keep living is a surprise to me (they do get a few pellets once a month or so, though-- i'm not entirely evil). i think that since i have a macro problem in both my 12 and 26long that the pods are food enough for the fish to survive on.

Reefer Addict

It is totally survival of the fittest. The baby RBTA has attached itself to the side of one of my best clams!!!! And 'baby' is not very small anymore. It covers half the clam when it expands... Hopefully he will 'move on' to better pastures soon.

I really need to take updated pics of what I have left.

Archived