Cultivated Reef

Where do you buy your corals?

Christopher Marks

I buy locally for live stock. I've some great stores in my area. Or from fellow reefers at my local club. Some items like lighting I've bought online. But my online purchases are very minimal.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
shackaholic
I buy locally for live stock. I've some great stores in my area. Or from fellow reefers at my local club. Some items like lighting I've bought online. But my online purchases are very minimal.

I've bought all my corals from Planet Reef and Saltwater Island in STL.

Badgerspit

There are several LFS in town. All of them but one are 1)REALLY BAD and/or 2)REALLY EXPENSIVE. I only go to one place, they don't have everything as far as supplies, but that's what the interweb is for.

At the LFS I DO go to, the owner and his wife are the nicest people in the world (although you do have to prove to him first that you care about the health of your livestock and are at least semi knowledgeable, or it seems he won't sell it to you because HE cares so much...it's true, I swear!).

On top of being the nicest people, THEY are EXTREMELY knowledgeable and are willing to go the extra mile to help with anything.

Oh, yeah, jsut FYI, the store is called... Fish and Other Icthy Things, in Oldsmar, FL

Yay. First post!

Coral Oasis in Irvine, Tongs in Fountain Valley, The Reef Room in Dana Point. I have never puchased a coral online. Support Your Local Fish Store! :D

petkingdom619

any good ones worth the trip from san diego? mines lfs are ok but not good with corals

• 2 weeks later...

Ive only got 2 zoa's so far and both have come from Nano-reef.com members. I'm going to try my LFS since most of his stuff is browned out, I might get it at a lower price and just bring it back to health.

ZOANUTS.COM SOME OF THE BEST SHIPPING AND CUSTOMER SERVICE OUT THERE :)

LIVEAQUARIA.COM IS PRETTY GOOD

SEALIFEINC.COM GREAT DEALS ON FLORIDA RICS/GOOD SHIPPING PRICES

FRAGGLEREEF.COM HAS NICE STUFF

STAY AWAY FROM EBAY

HOPE THIS HELPS.

( THERE ARE DOZENS OF OTHER SITES OUT THERE.. THESE ARE JUST SOME I KNOW OF AND EXPERIECED

Fraggle Reef.......Best stuff online...by far! I have ordered from all of them and Miguel at Fraggle Reef wants to please the customer. $39.00 shipping no matter what you get. he likes to throw in extra frags as well as give you more then what you ordered. Last week I ordered some purple candy cane listed as 9.99 per polyp. I got a 5 head colony for 9.99 with a rainbow montipora as a freebie, at my door in less then 24hrs. Placed another order and he emailed me to make sure he wasnt sending the same freebee in the next order. Great Customer Service!

I'm having a hard time trying to find a place that sells Frogspawn frags and torch frags. Can anyone push me in the right direction?

• 3 weeks later...
CorvetteJoe

I get mine fragged from friends or random $5 frags from the LFS that they can't sell because they don't look sellable (not mounted to rocks or floating loose in the tank)

• 2 years later...
I'm having a hard time trying to find a place that sells Frogspawn frags and torch frags. Can anyone push me in the right direction?

Try craiglist ....

• 1 year later...

Lfs but I have currently been goin to a importer who doesn't live to far from me who imports from like 7 diffirent islands/countries and has a lot of variety and has good prices I just give him my order and will get it Whitsun a month or so

• 1 year later...

Archived