• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

MushyCat

MushyCat

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Joined 20 Jan 2008

I buy locally for live stock. I've some great stores in my area. Or from fellow reefers at my local club. Some items like lighting I've bought online. But my online purchases are very minimal.

shackaholic

shackaholic

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Joined 06 Aug 2006
  • Des Peres, MO

I buy locally for live stock. I've some great stores in my area. Or from fellow reefers at my local club. Some items like lighting I've bought online. But my online purchases are very minimal.

I've bought all my corals from Planet Reef and Saltwater Island in STL.
28g HQI, 14k 150w MH, aiptasia and algae tank - soon to be resurrected in one form or another.

Badgerspit

Badgerspit

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 23 May 2008
  • Tampa, Florida, USA
There are several LFS in town. All of them but one are 1)REALLY BAD and/or 2)REALLY EXPENSIVE. I only go to one place, they don't have everything as far as supplies, but that's what the interweb is for.

At the LFS I DO go to, the owner and his wife are the nicest people in the world (although you do have to prove to him first that you care about the health of your livestock and are at least semi knowledgeable, or it seems he won't sell it to you because HE cares so much...it's true, I swear!).
On top of being the nicest people, THEY are EXTREMELY knowledgeable and are willing to go the extra mile to help with anything.

Oh, yeah, jsut FYI, the store is called... Fish and Other Icthy Things, in Oldsmar, FL

Yay. First post!
"Hey, that's not a Badger. That's a Wombat!"

Clayton07

Clayton07

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 377 posts
  • Joined 19 Feb 2007
  • Aliso Viejo, Ca
Coral Oasis in Irvine, Tongs in Fountain Valley, The Reef Room in Dana Point. I have never puchased a coral online. Support Your Local Fish Store! :D

petkingdom619

petkingdom619

hello

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,063 posts
  • Joined 18 Mar 2008
  • california
any good ones worth the trip from san diego? mines lfs are ok but not good with corals
24g aquapod
20lbs fiji rock
15lbs sand
boostled par30
maxijet1200

masterbuilder

masterbuilder

Nano Reefer

• Premium Members
  • 4,136 posts
  • Joined 12 Jan 2006
99% online

Rocket

Rocket

My tank makes my Flip happy

• Members
  • 2,273 posts
  • Joined 03 Oct 2007
  • Mokena, Illinois
Ive only got 2 zoa's so far and both have come from Nano-reef.com members. I'm going to try my LFS since most of his stuff is browned out, I might get it at a lower price and just bring it back to health.

Slim Reefer

Slim Reefer

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Joined 09 Apr 2008
  • So Cal
I buy most from local fish store but am interested in knowing a good online supplier.

diggman08

diggman08

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 1,484 posts
  • Joined 29 May 2007
  • Mississippi, gulf coast
ZOANUTS.COM SOME OF THE BEST SHIPPING AND CUSTOMER SERVICE OUT THERE :)
LIVEAQUARIA.COM IS PRETTY GOOD
SEALIFEINC.COM GREAT DEALS ON FLORIDA RICS/GOOD SHIPPING PRICES
FRAGGLEREEF.COM HAS NICE STUFF
STAY AWAY FROM EBAY

HOPE THIS HELPS.

( THERE ARE DOZENS OF OTHER SITES OUT THERE.. THESE ARE JUST SOME I KNOW OF AND EXPERIECED

smarsh

smarsh

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 553 posts
  • Joined 27 Mar 2008
Fraggle Reef.......Best stuff online...by far! I have ordered from all of them and Miguel at Fraggle Reef wants to please the customer. $39.00 shipping no matter what you get. he likes to throw in extra frags as well as give you more then what you ordered. Last week I ordered some purple candy cane listed as 9.99 per polyp. I got a 5 head colony for 9.99 with a rainbow montipora as a freebie, at my door in less then 24hrs. Placed another order and he emailed me to make sure he wasnt sending the same freebee in the next order. Great Customer Service!

Edited by smarsh, 10 June 2008 - 09:49 AM.

joer3

joer3

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • Joined 13 Apr 2008
I'm having a hard time trying to find a place that sells Frogspawn frags and torch frags. Can anyone push me in the right direction?

clownfish1124

clownfish1124

What'choo looking at foo?

• Members
  • 2,103 posts
  • Joined 16 May 2008
i get fraggs from local reefers for cheap or free. local reefers are great resources for trades as well.

CorvetteJoe

CorvetteJoe

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Joined 30 Apr 2008
  • Orlando
I get mine fragged from friends or random $5 frags from the LFS that they can't sell because they don't look sellable (not mounted to rocks or floating loose in the tank)
Reef - BC29, Clownfish, Sixline, PJ Cardinal, Flameback Angel, PPC Urchin (Est Mar 2008)
River - 75gal, sand, river rock lots of loaches, barbs, tetras and others (Est 2004)

WiseHenryReef

WiseHenryReef

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Joined 17 Jan 2011
  • Lynchburg,VA
Mom and Pop Stores. We like to support the locals. :D

TheUnfocusedOne

TheUnfocusedOne

Ya Dingus

• Members
  • 11,435 posts
  • Joined 16 Jul 2007
  • NC
Posted Image

Life is not a quantified system of equations and inequalities.

The Unfocused Cube

kidkobe25

kidkobe25

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 14 May 2010
fellow reefers .... LFS closed to my work >>>

kidkobe25

kidkobe25

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 14 May 2010

I'm having a hard time trying to find a place that sells Frogspawn frags and torch frags. Can anyone push me in the right direction?

Try craiglist ....

wartskin

wartskin

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 981 posts
  • Joined 19 Jun 2011
LFS for me they will special order whatever

#Anthony

#Anthony

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Joined 05 May 2013
Lfs but I have currently been goin to a importer who doesn't live to far from me who imports from like 7 diffirent islands/countries and has a lot of variety and has good prices I just give him my order and will get it Whitsun a month or so

reeferman81

reeferman81

Reefer Madness

• Classifiedless
  • 762 posts
  • Joined 28 Nov 2012
  • Florida
FAOIS a LFS, Wide World of Corals Orlando FL 60 miles away. Also Cherry Corals.
Posted Image

http://api.viglink.c..._13601021589544

300 gal Mixed Reef

55 Gal LPS