Pod Your Reef

Where do you buy your corals?

Christopher Marks

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
montevallofalcon11

I get mine from three different sources.

Aquarium Imports: Hoover, Alabama

Great guys, very intelligent.

Aquarium Designs: Hoover, Alabama

Probably best corals around, can be pricey.

Sarris Underwater Creations: Bessemer, Alabama

Great guys, amazing prices.

• 3 weeks later...
yankeereefer

alot of my stuff I got free from local reefers -

Freebie xenia was grown out and traded to LFS for shrooms and polyps

I'm trying to let the next batch of xenia (+ wahtever else takes off) grow out to give away to new reefers as others have done for me

• 1 year later...

80% ONLINE I like to send them a prepaid ups next day air label to save $$ on shipping, we get great rates. I have only bought 5 pieces at LFS, they are usally way overpriced around here. Yet now that the cold is going to hit my area someday, still warm for October!, it will put a damper on online sales till Spring.

Perfect Expriences with:

Awesome Aquatics

Premium Aquatics

Sea Life Inc

Reef Scavengers

Zoanuts

Seacrop

Mr Coral (will judge this week when they arrive)

• 1 month later...
AcroporaLokani

I only buy my livestock online (my LFS sucks).

I purchase a ton of stuff online for my larger tanks. The best one IMO is Liveaquaria. If you are looking for a specific rare coral then other vendors may be a better bet but for your standard trade corals they have the best shipping / warranty policy of all the vendors I've used.Here is an example of a nice Acopora Loripes I bought from them recently price was $33, part of their 3 of $99 special. Shipping was included and they have a 14 day warranty.violet_tipped_acro.jpg
Did you get the maricultured coral pack or the Fiji colony pack?

My tank is stocked with corals only from local reefers, with the exception of two green rics I got from SWF.com . I found the best prices and picks came locally, since my local reef club is pretty active and pretty awsome.

• 4 weeks later...
80% ONLINE I like to send them a prepaid ups next day air label to save $$ on shipping, we get great rates. I have only bought 5 pieces at LFS, they are usally way overpriced around here. Yet now that the cold is going to hit my area someday, still warm for October!, it will put a damper on online sales till Spring.

Perfect Expriences with:

Awesome Aquatics

Premium Aquatics

Sea Life Inc

Reef Scavengers

Zoanuts

Seacrop

Mr Coral (will judge this week when they arrive)

what places do you send them labels and they will use it to save you money??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Almost exclusively online, mostly from people here on NR.

The selection and pricing is MUCH better here than anything I can get locally!

same here.

• 3 months later...
Aqua newbie

Great Reef Store-Irvine CA-Coral Oasis

Xenia-$10

Candy Cane-$5-10 ;)

Zoa-$5-50

Cardinals-$5

Sometimes you can get the most valuable corals for $5 because they do quick sorting.

I haven't been able to buy anything lately, but I have two LFS here in Orlando that I go to and one of them just became a sponsor here on Nano-Reef.com. Their set up is crazy and they seem like super serious coral nerds (just like me). Check out the link to World Wide Corals on the sponsors page. They have some pretty crazy stuff!

As far as great service and unrivaled knowledge, you have to talk to Marcye at Sea in the City.

Where's The Reef (soon to be Aquatic Kingodom--- STORE EXPANSION :D) I can get frags for free, no jokes.

Reef Raft, awesome quality stuff...

and sometime Big Als and Dragon Aquarium can have decent deals, but you have to be careful.

Archived