ReefCleaners.org

Where do you buy your corals?

Christopher Marks

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of the above;)

Most have been from fellow hobbiests and online. A few have been form a Mom and Pop store and one from a chain store.

All of the above, too. Many from the same place as Reefer Addict. I find that I can get a better deal and help another person out at the same time when I connect w/ other reefers. :)

Mostly lfs and fellow reefers. I find that buying from other hobbyist are the best. I can meet new people with the same interest. Its always fun to meet new people. :)

ndfootball5489

I would buy online more, but i don't like buying in bulk and if you just want one piece, it just isn't practical. I mean who wants to buy a 49 dollar frag and then pay like 30-40 in shipping so that the total frag is like almost 100 dollars. Just isn't practical for me atleast.

Always from a mom and pop shop lfs. I just like supporting local people who are intersted in the hobby and are providing a great service to those involved.

I am thinking about purchasing a 12 gallon nano setup. I'm in an area with one store that carries Marine supplies, some LR, corals and a few fish but its 75 miles away...so I would probably order from the internet. Live Rock first.

I have a long time before I worry about adding corals or fish. When the time comes, I'd like some zoo's and by that time maybe my "local" store will have some.

I started out buy from local stores until I joined the Bay area reefers, now I just goto frag swaps and get it for free, well I donate frags for frags.

• 5 months later...

I'm currently in Utah going to school, and there are absolutely no saltwater stores nearby, so it's only so often that I can get there, but there is one AWESOME family run store down in Orem, that I absolutely love, it's a three hour drive each way but well worth it. They're also online too, http://www.aquaticaonline.net

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cleaners I get online, when the girl who gives me her discount is in the I buy whatever I can at my LFS, but my prefered methods are getting frags from other non-nano reefer tanks and hitting up the aquaculture sites in the DC area.

• 4 months later...

Recently got some stuff from Pookstreet.

All I can say is OUTSTANDING!

My LFS has zero variety.

Internet for me ...

I purchase a ton of stuff online for my larger tanks. The best one IMO is Liveaquaria. If you are looking for a specific rare coral then other vendors may be a better bet but for your standard trade corals they have the best shipping / warranty policy of all the vendors I've used.

Here is an example of a nice Acopora Loripes I bought from them recently price was $33, part of their 3 of $99 special. Shipping was included and they have a 14 day warranty.

violet_tipped_acro.jpg

Archived