Top Shelf Aquatics

How do you "top-off" your nano reef?

Christopher Marks

• 2 years later...

Wow a 10 year old thread. Tunze nano ATO on my CAD 8. Tunze osmolator 3155 on my 34 and 90. The 8 and 90 are near my kitchen so I have a ATO reservoir with a float valve connected to my RODI. Those 2 tanks are truly automatic. The 34 I may as well be doing by hand as I am filling the reservoir almost daily.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
squamptonbc

Old fashioned way, line drawn on the side of tank with a marker, and top off manually as needed. Eventually I'll get an auto top off, but 125-160 CAD$ seems a bit steep for something I can do manually for free....

• 6 months later...

I have two small lines drawn in the upper right corner on the tank glass with a marker. Low one is where I turn on the dosing pump, high one is where I stop it. The tank and dosing container are both checked for salinity before hand, and adjustments made accordingly.

The "on" is via voice command to "Alexa" and a smart plug. The off is preset in the smart phone app to allow only 20 minutes on time (this arrived by observation and testing and the drip rate). Works well for me.

• 1 year later...