Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Reefer Addict's 30g 'Crack' Tank

Reefer Addict

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reefer Addict

ebin-nothing special about my tanks filtration.

20lbs ls

35lbs Marshall Island lr

Remora AquaC protein skimmer w/maxijet 1200 (PhosBan in return chamber of skimmer box)

Mod AC300 fuge (chemipure, rubble and cheato-lighted 24x7)

2x maxijet 1200

1xmaxijet 400 (hidden behind rocks..)

All power heads except skimmer ph are hooked up to a Wavemaster Pro

hmmm...I think that is it.

Reefer Addict

audiocontrol-one of blasto's is mounted on a man-made "rock". I have no idea what type of rock the sun polyps are on. In my opinion the sun polyp rock looks like it is from Fiji..

tigah-It would be a sin if you broke down your 30g. :)

Reefer Addict

Pic of mid-level right side of tank. Neon cloves, GSP, red shrooms, Coco worm and tip of green shrooms. The neon cloves and GSP give off an unbelievable glow under actinics and lunar lights (even the red and green shrooms give off a shine, yet not as bright as the cloves or GSP, under those lights). Picture does not give them justice.

Having problems getting a good shot of the blasto's. I believe that the problem lies in the fact that the 14k bulb has not burned in totally..

post-10749-1146840670_thumb.jpg

I too have an Oceanic 30 gallon. I really love your tank. It truely looks great. I hope you will give me some pointers when I put pictures of it up soon.

Killer acan dude. I personally like/love acans myself. I have a frag and I think they are beautiful. You have a bad a$$ tank dude, congrats.

I really like the oceanic 30's the depth really gives you alot more room to work with. Maybe I should ditch my plans to do a 40 breeder and do a 60 cube.

You did a excellent job putting this tank together

Reefer Addict

Full tank, lights and stand shot.

Light is a Aqualight Pro.

150w 14k mh de Aqua Connect bulb

2x 65w actinics

2x lunar lights

I could not use a pendant due to the height of my ceiling.

post-10749-1146840715_thumb.jpg

Hey thats the Coralife Aqualight huh, how do you like it? Are the mounting legs that it comes with adjustable? I'm interested in getting one for my next tank this summer, but I wanted to hear how people liked them before. Ah also what is the width of your tank? If it would work on a via aqua 18g, I might just have exactly what I'm looking for. Then again if Hamilton comes out with a HQI + CF + moonlight hood, there could be some deciding to do.

Reefer Addict

Let see.... The width of my 30g Oceanic cube is 20 inches. If you look at the picture you can see that the light fixture extends over the edges approx 2".

Also, the legs do not adjust up or down. There are adjustable from side to side. There are runners under the fixture where the legs slide to fit the width of the tank.

I really like the 'low profile' look. It was hard to find a fixture that had all the lighting options (mh, actinics and lunar lights) and not have to be hung from the ceiling. I do not have the option to hang lights due to my ceilings height. An added plus is all of the lights (mh, actinics, lunar) are powered independently. You can simulate early morning, mid day, dusk etc....

I also switched out the Coralife 150w 10k mh de with a 150w 14k Aqua Connect bulb. Still waiting for the new bulb to burn into its normal day to day coloration.

Coralife is looking to have a 250w version sometime this summer. I might upgrade to that unit when it becomes available...

Reefer Addict

The 14k Aqua Connect really brings out more color. I think it will be burned in (the bulb not the coral :)) within the next week...

Also, I need to be more specific. The light that I have is a "Aqualight Pro". Coralife also makes a unit called the "Aqualight". They are two different fixtures.

that's a nice, clean "away" from tank shot... sorry if this has been asked before, but do you run actinics along with the 14K's? or only run them during dawn/dusk cycles? can we get an approximate timeline of your photoperiod?

Reefer Addict

uchiha-no one so far has asked about my photo period. So here it is as of today:

Lunar's 24x7

12:00noon Actinics On

2:00 MH On

10:00 MH Off

11:00 Actinics Off

I am waiting to see how the mh finally burns in (before I decide to run/ or don't run the mh and actinics concurently)..

Originally posted by Reefer Addict

uchiha-no one so far has asked about my photo period.  So here it is as of today:

Lunar's 24x7

12:00noon Actinics On

2:00 MH On

10:00 MH Off

11:00 Actinics Off

I am waiting to see how the mh finally burns in (before I decide to run/ or don't run the mh and actinics concurently)..

thanks for the information, so u are running both MH and PC concurrently... :) keep us posted!
Reefer Addict

I just got back from "snorkeling"

"Radioactive" Lords. These shine just as bright under actinics as my 'Intense" GSP's. Very strange....

post-10749-1146840864_thumb.jpg

Archived