Cultivated Reef

Reefer Addict's 30g 'Crack' Tank

Reefer Addict

Reefer Addict

I figured it was time to document the ups and downs of my current 30g Oceanic cube. I apologize for those who may have seen these pictures in the past. I believe that it serves a purpose to have them on one centralized thread to see the changes as time goes on...

Over time, I will give more specific info concerning the livestock and tank.

Don't worry. Newer pictures are sure to follow.

Full tank shot. It is not the best quality (a bit blue with some wash out at the bottom). I just recently installed a 14k mh de aqua connect bulb. It still has a bit to go before it burns to its normal day to day color.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MORE PIX!!!!!! your tank is gorgeous, i love the aquascaping, reminds me a little bit of my tank ;) good taste, especially in that blood red lord, the colors on that are amazing!

btw, where's pix of the micromussa?

Reefer Addict

Green and red mushrooms being flanked by 'Subliminal' Lord (on left) and Red Micromussa (on right). Also a cameo of a Coco worm..

post-10749-1146840324_thumb.jpg

Reefer Addict

uchia-thanks for the compliment. it means alot coming from you for i respect highly what you have done with you tank in the past.

Reefer Addict

I originally had a 120g reef tank. Had to break it down due to a relocation. I have not had the time or bandwidth to restart the tank. Kind of fell into the 'nano' world by accident. Was originally planning to stock a 10g tank in order to get a quick fix for my addiction while waiting to set up the bigger tank. Glad that I went with the 30g cube. Oceanic cubes rock! Talk about maxing out fast. I would have out grown the 10g in about a day after stocking. :)

Nice tank, dude. Although I can't seem to look past the beautiful acan so not sure how the rest of your tank looks. hehe.

so where is the "crack" aspect of this tank?

Good Lord!

Lord Almighty!

you, tigah, and uchiha are the whores of the lords.

start a Lord Anonymous group already, and rid yourselves of the addiction.

Your tank is gorgeous! I love those acan! I haven't heard much about acan lords before i saw that thread about the acans that sold for over $1,000. Would acan lords be able to flourish in an 82 watt nanocube? Do they have the same requirements as most LPS? They seem like a great investment, for their beauty, uniqueness, price, and jealousy factor!

-T

deepbluesea99

the acan craze will probly pass by the time you can grow a nice colony worth fraging.not trying to sound like a jerk but these things come and go remember the blue zoos craze lasted about 6 months glad i dident spend alot.acans are sweet but there is no way im paying $100:00 a polyp for aneything ill enjoy my blastos untill the price comes down substancialy.

Reefer Addict

MdM31- Most of the coral was bought from a lfs. The owner pretty much gives me first shot at some of better pieces. You would not believe what I paid for the one blood red lord colony. WAY WAY below market price.

Reefer Addict

BelowH2O-Currently charging the battery of my camera. I will try to get some pic's of the blastos..

Melcolm-Please address me as the Pimp of the Lords. :P

Reefer Addict

deepbluesea99- A qoute tha I posted on a different thread.

"It cracks me up when I hear the terms, "trend, fad, etc...". So what?!?!? You would think that people are being forced to buy lords. Or they are less of a reefer if they do not have at least one frag in their tank. Buy it if you like it. Pass if you don't. Capitalism at its best.

I actually have frags of both of the corals that were sold on ebay. Am I looking to grow them to resell? No.... I bought them cause I liked them. I have no intension of making money in this "hobby". It would then be a "job" if that was the goal."

And no you don't sound like a jerk. Everyone is entitled to an opinion...

Archived