• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
zerocool5878

Im going totally original here....

Ready?

Clowns :)

• 2 weeks later...
HecticDialectics

flame hawkfish... not for the smaller nanos out there (needs 30+G) but by far the most interactive and fun fish imo

flame hawkfish... not for the smaller nanos out there (needs 30+G) but by far the most interactive and fun fish imo

Gold Stipe Maroon Clown

clearly people think its okay to put huge fish in nanos... so going with that fad.. im gonna say whale sharks are the best nano reef fish.... pwned

• 2 weeks later...
reefkidsclownfish

a moon wrasse, they are sooooo calm and beautiful (at least my uncles is calm, the one i saw at the zoo was freakin crazy)

• 2 weeks later...

Yellow Assessor. Most calm reef safe out in the open fish. I have not been able to get one as I have a blue assessor. Same temperment.

Yellow

yellowassessor.jpg

Undertheradar

I have a new favorite: Genicanthus angelfish. I bought a Lamark's, and was impressed. Now I have a trio of Bellus, and I am more than impressed because not only are they awesome tankmates for just about anything, but they look very cool. They keep my flock of fairy wrasses in order, and I have even seen them picking flatworms and bugs off of rocks. Others would be the japanese swallowtail, zebra, and the watanabei... they are all very cool. I just went with bellus because they were available and both the females and males have cool markings/colors.

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/marine/fishes/angels/genicanthus/

I pick these over my fairy wrasses even (6 temmincki's, 4 solars, a few others) because they just have a cooler personality. The fairy wrasses tend to pick on each other... when you get a dominant male, all hell can break loose. The swallowtails actually have curbed the dominance of the largest fairy wrasses because if they behave like that around the swallowtails, the swallowtails will chase them into the back. Otherwise, the angelfish dont bother any other fish. They are like the 'police' of my tank... they are nice and calm until one fish starts picking on another.

Archived