SaltCritters.com

Replacement MAME overflow tube sizing

Halo_003

For the larger tubing, any ideas what size fits tightly on it? I had ordered some from SWC which never arrived and had no tracking, and I am tired of using zip ties on it.

On 2/15/2017 at 10:03 AM, reefist said:

I've been waiting for ages for a part too. I think Neill is taking care of some personal issues. One man show unfortunately. I hope he is well.

I hope he is well too. I received the silencer cap that I had ordered at the same time, but not the tubes. I think I ordered in October/November.

Anyways, I don't suppose you know what size would fit snugly enough on it to avoid needing to use zip ties?

It's been almost a year since I had a mame overflow ... but when I had it I searched high and low - online and offline - to find metric tubing in the U.S. but there just isn't any (unless you buy bulk reels of 50' or more). So only option was to use closest fitting standard size tubing and zip-tie it.

Mine mame was an early one and I could've swore the manual listed the outlet size as 21 mm ... with the closet size in the U.S. I could readily find being 7/8" ID tubing.

Specs on the SaltwaterConverstion site show it as being 25mm now though, so the closest size in the U.S. you're likely to find is 1" ID tubing.

Either way, they'll be a little to large to trust without a zip-tie.

I used to use these re-usable hose clamps. At least they were a little more convenient than having to keep a stash of zip-ties on hand.

Archived