Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Supplemental Lighting

LandenReefer

I want to add some more blue to my light and was wondering if these would be ok? It is for a 10 gallon so I just need something inexpensive for now. Only have softee's right now.

Has anyone used these to supplement lighting? I can install the strip on my light and put it on a separate timer to give me a ramp up and ramp down.

Here is the link: http://www.ebay.com/...NrFCjamaqkJ3sZA

Thanks

I have a Green Element Evo Reef. It has 7x10k and 3x46nm 3watt LED's. Eventually I will replace the light but in the meantime I want to supplement the color with more blue. My tank is doing well but I don't like the color.

I gess the only practical way is to replace your fixture altogether...

The strip light you mentioned imo is too weak and it might look weird with one band of blue in the tank.

I think your far better off spending a bit more like $60-$80 and replacing your fixture with a par38 or DIY led fixture or even buying a Aqua illumination prime for $199

Just for supplementing yes,but I would look into the ReefBrite LumiLite on Marinedepot. Also,what size is your tank measurement wise ? They come in 12" and up and a combo of blue and whites (which I believe comes with a dimmer) and all blue for around $50.

I have a ten gallon AIO I built giving me a viewing area of about 16 inches. A 12 inch strip would work very well. I will check out the reefbrights

Archived