Pod Your Reef

MACNA 2017 who's going?

Sancho

So we have 7 months or so to make our plans. Nano Reef turnout was amazing in 2016. I enjoyed meeting everybody. I cant wait for New Orleans . This should be an awesome weekend. Hopefully a hurricane and epic floods dont happen....I am paying good money to stay at the event and would hate to end up in the Superdome.

Links

http://macnaconference.org/2017/

Hotel

IMPORTANT: You MUST register online using THIS LINK to get the special conference room rate: https://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.do?mode=welcome_gi_new&groupID=70069350

web_logo.png

Pre-wedding honeymoon?

Possibly, but future hubby cares not about our finned friends. He just tolerates it for me!

HOWEVER, he does have a friend in GA, so maybe week long road trip!!

• Like 2

Apparently San Diego to New Orleans isn't that popular. Flights are expensive. I can't find a single flight that's nonstop :( However not all airlines have a schedule this far out. Fingers crossed I can get something nonstop although southwest seems to only offer one nonstop a day. Might just drive to LAX they seem to have nonstop flights.

• Like 1

I wouldn't hold my breath on more non-stop service to New Orleans, on another airline anyhow.

Apparently San Diego to New Orleans isn't that popular. Flights are expensive. I can't find a single flight that's nonstop :( However not all airlines have a schedule this far out. Fingers crossed I can get something nonstop although southwest seems to only offer one nonstop a day. Might just drive to LAX they seem to have nonstop flights.

I wouldn't hold my breath on more non-stop service to New Orleans, on another airline anyhow.

yeah poked around a bit tonight Southwest is the only nonstop service out of San Diego :( the rest have stops that average 2 hours. I get discounted fares on Delta through work. Delta has nonstop from LAX cheaper than flying out of San Diego.....so I save some cash spend 2hours in the car....or sit in an airport in Dallas, Phoenix or Florida for a couple hours and pay more....although there is a dirt cheap flight on Spirit Air that takes almost 11 hours to get there :lol:
  • Like 1

I saw the Spirit air one, pass on that one...lol

I am from San Diego and from Vancouver, BC my new home airport, I always end up connecting in Seattle, Portland, or LAX, SFO is an option as well but I am not a fan of United. I prefer Alaska or Delta.

yeah poked around a bit tonight Southwest is the only nonstop service out of San Diego :( the rest have stops that average 2 hours. I get discounted fares on Delta through work. Delta has nonstop from LAX cheaper than flying out of San Diego.....so I save some cash spend 2hours in the car....or sit in an airport in Dallas, Phoenix or Florida for a couple hours and pay more....although there is a dirt cheap flight on Spirit Air that takes almost 11 hours to get there :lol:

I'm waiting for Southwest to post flights too. Hoping prices will stay at/under $200 each. Then I have a chance of convincing Nick to come with me!

that would be nice $400 round trip each is what I'm looking at :(
  • Like 1

that would be nice $400 round trip each is what I'm looking at :(

Yeah, I saw a flight on American Airlines last week for $200, and it's gone up to $400 now. We might (miiiiight) road trip to save money. It's 14 hours, but can still be done in one day, though that means more nights at the hotel.

I think you would probably fly over N'Orlens on your way from San Diego to Fla. Parachute! (Airlines be crazy!)

N'Orlens is on my bucket list. Might be a good excuse to go for it.

Trying to convince hubby to go. If not, any ladies interested in sharing a room?

I have tiny humans that husband would not allow me to pass off :( Or else I totally would. (assuming you are indeed a woman :P )

• Like 1

I have tiny humans that husband would not allow me to pass off :( Or else I totally would. (assuming you are indeed a woman :P )

It's not passing off if they are also his!!! (last time i checked, I am indeed all woman!)

Spirit will get you from point A to B but don't expect good customer service and have low expectations and you will be fine...

Just remember to take into account all the extra fees they charge on top of the fare, such as bag fees.

They only permit a personal item not exceeding 18 x 14 x 8 inches (as of April 1) on the plane for free.

Carry on fees range from 26 to 100 dollars per bag depending on fare level you buy and when you pay for the bag.

Checked bag if you have 1 range from 21 to 100 dollars depending on fare level and when you pay for the bag.

As long as you keep the bag and other fees in mind when booking and not just comparing the base fare, they can be a good option if you want basic no frills air transportation.

Is Spirit really that bad? I can fly round trip for $113 from Ft Lauderdale (only an hour drive away)

Or jet blue for $143

• Like 1