Top Shelf Aquatics

Biocube 29 Steve led full spectrum help

Gcbandit

Hello all I'm new to the forum but recently upgraded my Biocube 29 with the Steve led full spectrum setup (3months or so).. tank is around 3 years old.. I'm wondering if anyone has same setup and what they're light setup is for best coral growth etc.. mine is set about 50/50 but not sure if that's good or bad... any insight is appreciated timing percentage etc for optimal usage.. tank is mainly full of zoas ,duncan, few mushrooms rb anem and polys.. nothing special just not seeing the growth...thanks in advance

Should note I have typhoon controller"

Hello all I'm new to the forum but recently upgraded my Biocube 29 with the Steve led full spectrum setup (3months or so).. tank is around 3 years old.. I'm wondering if anyone has same setup and what they're light setup is for best coral growth etc.. mine is set about 50/50 but not sure if that's good or bad... any insight is appreciated timing percentage etc for optimal usage.. tank is mainly full of zoas ,duncan, few mushrooms rb anem and polys.. nothing special just not seeing the growth...thanks in advance

Start with a 8-9 hour day. If the color looks good to you then stick with it. Personally I like things a bit more blue 60/30 but totally up to you.

The biggest thing is watch your corals. If they are happy, stick with it!

-Dave

What is the recommended light intensity to start with when first using the LED upgrade coming off of stock hood lights?

How is the learning curve with the typhoon controller Gcbandit?

I increased mine slowly like 5 % a week for a while and hovered near 40ish on all Chanells.. it's very bright, I dimmed my whites to 30 and raised blues to 70 now better looking but don't know growth yet I'll stay posted

Typhoon is pretty simple it's in military time.. hardest part of setting u times.. which wasn't bad really.. otherwise it's a solid setup for what I need.. there is better out there for sure

But it works great

The Steves LEDs are powerful. I am running mine at 20% and have been having huge algae issues have cut back to less hours and once I get a handle on the algae will increase %

Archived