SaltCritters.com

Important Bluefish Update!

SpencerShepard

SpencerShepard

Most important thing:

As of January 28th, 2017, you will have to update to the newest apps in order to communicate with your Bluefish controller. These new versions will be available in the iOS app store and Google Play on or before this date (I will post when they are available).

This update is needed because the third-party user management service is being retired by the provider. All user accounts have already been migrated, and you will not lose your settings or other data. This should overall be quite seamless, except if you are still using the original Bluefish app. You will need to download Bluefish 2.

Also please note that the only support email for Bluefish is support@aquarium-led-controller.com

Other news:

As you probably know, Bluefish is a one man operation. It's been one of a few projects of mine, including a retail brick-and-mortar LFS. Since Bluefish took off, I have been trying to sell my retail store so I could focus on developing new products and features. It finally happened last month. I am really excited to start working on Bluefish again, and delivering on some of the features I have been promising.

Right now I'm working hard to get the new iOS and Android apps into the wild. It's been a lot of work getting the backend squared away so that there are no service interruptions for you guys, but obviously it has to be done. Then, starting in February, I am getting to work on new features including but not limited to:

-"multi-fixture" support on single user accounts

-fully customizable schedules
-moon rise/set
-option to disable storms at nights
-option to exclude channels from clouds (or dedicated fan channel)

-recommended locations which are updated more frequently

SpencerShepard

Please work on the multi fixture support please........please........PLEASE!!!!!!!!! ;) I have 4..................

4 over the same tank? Send me something with your avatar engraved in it and I will work extra hard on it. :P

4 over the same tank? Send me something with your avatar engraved in it and I will work extra hard on it. :P

No 3 tanks and one is on the fuge :lol:

Dave likes me.............or should say my wallet ;)

Hey Spencer,

I've been getting a No Response from the server/device when I try to open up my Binkup App.

My lights are still functioning fine, and the bluefish mini is still showing green.

SpencerShepard

Hey Spencer,

I've been getting a No Response from the server/device when I try to open up my Binkup App.

My lights are still functioning fine, and the bluefish mini is still showing green.

Email me at support@aquarium-led-controller.com with your MAC address on the imp card and I will have a look.
SpencerShepard

Newest app has been approved to the iOS app store and should appear there shortly. As I mentioned in the first post, this is primarily a change to the backend...so it should look pretty much the same, but it is necessary. I will start integrating the new features in February.

Please work on the multi fixture support please........please........PLEASE!!!!!!!!! ;) I have 4..................

ha I just realized I have four as well. multi fixture support would make me so freaking happy! I have three made-up email addresses, can't remember any of them :lol:

ha I just realized I have four as well. multi fixture support would make me so freaking happy! I have three made-up email addresses, can't remember any of them :lol:

I had to write it all down on a paper........now where did the paper go :unsure:

Marc.The.Shark

So, I see the app in the App Store, but it just has the option to open the Bluefish 2 app that I already have. Do I need to delete me old one first? I'm just afraid it will just bring the same one back from the cloud as an already purchased app. The way it sits on the App Store, it's not new, but has your notes as of Jan 21, 2017 about the migration

Marc.The.Shark

It sounds like it updated for you Marc. It should be automatic in most cases. 2.1 is the latest.

Thanks Spencer. Couldn't find the version # in the app, but went to the App Store & checked my app updates & sure enuf it updated itself to 2.1. Can't wait for the new features!

To help people out.

The APP will load the update automatically UNLESS you....

• auto updates turned off
  • using original Bluefish app

-Dave

Dave

how can I check if my app is original or not?

SpencerShepard

Bluefish app hanging up tonight on iOS. Had been working post update. Hangs on Bluefish icon text

No other reports so far and seems okay from my end. Any chance you were accessing from a slow or unreliable internet connection? Let me know if it persists.

Most important thing:

As of January 28th, 2017, you will have to update to the newest apps in order to communicate with your Bluefish controller. These new versions will be available in the iOS app store and Google Play on or before this date (I will post when they are available).

This update is needed because the third-party user management service is being retired by the provider. All user accounts have already been migrated, and you will not lose your settings or other data. This should overall be quite seamless, except if you are still using the original Bluefish app. You will need to download Bluefish 2.

Also please note that the only support email for Bluefish is support@aquarium-led-controller.com

Other news:

As you probably know, Bluefish is a one man operation. It's been one of a few projects of mine, including a retail brick-and-mortar LFS. Since Bluefish took off, I have been trying to sell my retail store so I could focus on developing new products and features. It finally happened last month. I am really excited to start working on Bluefish again, and delivering on some of the features I have been promising.

Right now I'm working hard to get the new iOS and Android apps into the wild. It's been a lot of work getting the backend squared away so that there are no service interruptions for you guys, but obviously it has to be done. Then, starting in February, I am getting to work on new features including but not limited to:

-"multi-fixture" support on single user accounts

-fully customizable schedules

-moon rise/set

-option to disable storms at nights

-option to exclude channels from clouds (or dedicated fan channel)

-recommended locations which are updated more frequently

Thanks for the update. FYI, the app software works great on my cheap 10" Chuwi tablet running RemixOS. I prefer using the tablet to a tiny phone screen, plus it looks better.

Uzr4lC6.png

If at some point you could make a web version or tiny windows app that would be fantastic.

burtbollinger

No other reports so far and seems okay from my end. Any chance you were accessing from a slow or unreliable internet connection? Let me know if it persists.

I was able to log in this AM without issue. Internet wasnt the issue...I was on an older version of ios and updated late last night to try to fix. Thanks.

SpencerShepard

Just published a new Android app to Google Play (Bluefish 2.1). It could take a few hours to show up, and should update automatically in most cases. Again, the big change is to the backend so it will look more or less the same. I'm currently still working on updating the Blinkup functionality with updates from EI. We should see some Blinkup performance improvements and I will push that update out shortly.

Archived