ReefCleaners.org

Innovative Marine 25 and 4g Macro Tank (Video)

Funkateer_1

System Specs:

Lighting: 2x AI Primes

Filtration: Liverock, Reef Ceramic Spheres, IM Gadget Skimmer (ran on a 12on/12off cycle), polyfilter, carbon, phosguard

Flow: RLSS Waveline 2500, Tunze 6040

Temperature: Finnex 100 watt heater

Dosing: Vertex Libra with Vessels, using ME products

Maintinence: Not much. Maybe a gallon water change every few months. Evaporation is controlled with a Tunze Osmolator and I feed the tank LRS fish frenzy and live phyto every day or two.

Livestock:

- Plesiops coeruleolineatus (Japanese Collected)

- 2 x Percula Clownfish (Female is SA Full Bar Onyx Percula, male is wild collected from Solomon Islands)

- Hawaiian Collected Golden Domino Damsel

- Common 3 Stripe Damsel

- Common Niger Trigger

- Common Raccoon Butterfly

- Invertebrates include a variety of xenia, nepthea, lobophytum, lemnalia, cespithularia, rhodactis, and other soft corals

4 gallon tank is nothing but an air stone and a 6000k par 38 lamp.It is used for breeding berghia nudibranchs and general macroalgae

One week and no comments or likes. I guess nobody here likes tanks full of brown corals and damsels haha

I am sorry funkateer. There are so many tanks and so little time. No, actually I like your tank and I never hated on damsels. I will say those dominos are so cute as juveniles but they grow up to be rather chunky, plain and meaner than other damsel species.

I am thinking that your macro sump is keeping nutrients down but do you ever dose magnesium, iron and an occasional squirt of iodine? Softies and macros will use those elements out of the water column and without more frequent water changes they are probably using them up faster than they are being replenished.

I am sorry funkateer. There are so many tanks and so little time. No, actually I like your tank and I never hated on damsels. I will say those dominos are so cute as juveniles but they grow up to be rather chunky, plain and meaner than other damsel species.

I am thinking that your macro sump is keeping nutrients down but do you ever dose magnesium, iron and an occasional squirt of iodine? Softies and macros will use those elements out of the water column and without more frequent water changes they are probably using them up faster than they are being replenished.

The macro tank is totally independent. I will tie them together when I go back to a sump based system. Hopefully within the next year or so. Since I moved out of Socal and got of the industry finding custom tank builders has been hard.

I use ME products for KH, CA, and MG. I test occasionally and tweak as needed. I just did a ~1g water change with water from the coral bags I just got haha. Here's an obligatory 'under the tank' shot.

post-63765-0-24493900-1485397228_thumb.jpg

Gorgeous pair of Onyx!

Thanks. They are why I kept the tank going. I've had them for a long time. Male is 10 years old (wild caught) and the female is 4 (captive bred). Drove them across country in a bucket

Quick candid from last night. Like you can see everything

Also a picture of the back. Pretty simple. Mechanical filtration (polyfilter and Aquaclear filter foam), skimmer, and a CPR reactor with Reef Ceramic Spheres.

post-63765-0-51093700-1485441026_thumb.jpg

post-63765-0-62074000-1485441034_thumb.jpg

Archived