ReefCleaners.org

Twin spot goby-my screw up!

Clown79

I went and got a goby today, I've been looking for a while. Of course I grabbed the wrong one!

I don't normally do this but I got the wrong one.

Damn goby is a difficult fish to keep.

He's already sifting the sand which has made a bit of a dust storm, cute fish but not easy.

Word of warning- make sure you pick up the right fish!

I went and got a goby today, I've been looking for a while. Of course I grabbed the wrong one!

I don't normally do this but I got the wrong one.

Damn goby is a difficult fish to keep.

He's already sifting the sand which has made a bit of a dust storm, cute fish but not easy.

Hopefully it works out....... I went in for a bi-color blenny and came out with a scooter blenny. I had a total brain fart in the store apparently and it was too far to return him. The good part is he eats like a champ and is now my favorite.

I love those little guys but can never keep one in my smaller tank.......not sure why. I have read that they are hard to keep.

Hopefully it works out for you ;)

Been there, done that ;-). I had talked about getting a yellow clown goby, sent hubby to pick up water, he surprised me with a yellow watchman goby. Which meant, of course, we had to get him a randalli pistol for him.

Hope your twin spot does well for you!

Ya, it was a total moment for me.

I love yellow watchmans, i had one with no pistol, he was great. Ate anything.

These guys are known to be difficult, hope he does ok. I certainly can't catch him. Lol.

so good word, i took a snail last day without a fast search on google and probably i got a snail who eats other snail...

the goby you took is nice, hoping he will have a better behaviour

• 4 weeks later...

It died after 1 week. It wouldn't eat prepared food at all.

I wouldn't suggest anyone get these types of gobies. I'll also never do a sandsifter again. What a constant mess

So sorry to hear @Clown79

Yeah - I have heard they are hard to keep and they are a-holes about kicking up sand and messing everything up in your tank.

These two little guys are my favorite in my tank.

The yasha goby was my first tank inhabitant he seemed a little lonely after a few weeks... so I started searching for a candy cane pistol shrimp buddy for him. Called up my LFS and they said they had just 1 that arrived. When I got to my LFS and saw the pistol shrimp he was sooo tiny. I was worried the clowns might eat him and the Yasha wouldn't pair up with him because he was so dinky.

Not even 5 minutes into the tank... it was the cutest sighting ever. The clowns tried picking at it, the yasha quickly went over and started fending the clowns off of the pistol shrimp. Now? They are best buddies and made their home right infront of the tank. So much fun to watch.

post-93080-0-06611800-1486488105_thumb.png

Been there, done that ;-). I had talked about getting a yellow clown goby, sent hubby to pick up water, he surprised me with a yellow watchman goby. Which meant, of course, we had to get him a randalli pistol for him.

Hope your twin spot does well for you!

ha we had the reverse. I had a bad day, husband wanted to surprise me and came home with a ycg instead of a yellow watchman lol

Unfortunately I went into my LFS on Jan. 29th to pick up a yellow watchman and saw these little new arrivals. The owner of the LFS assured me they were hardy fish and easy to keep in my size tank. I ended up reading up on the twin spot to find out she lied to me!

He is still alive currently and spends most of his time hiding. Doesn't seem to have thinned out too much and he does pop out of his holes when I feed my clowns. Been debating attempting to bring him back to the LFS and see if they accept him back. Dont want to see the little guy die...

Even in large tanks, these guys have a life span of 6 mnths average.

Even if they eat prepared foods the success of keeping them alive is low.

Archived