Pod Your Reef

Marineland Advanced/Double Bright LED lighting with timer

vlangel

Hi folks, I went to my lfs today and they had a used equipment sale. Amongst the used were new items in buggered up packaging and I saw this Marineland Advanced/Double Bright LED for $37 so I bought it even though I don't need it right now. I do have a spare 10 gallon QT and it would be good on that.

My question is will macro algae, leathers, palys and mushrooms grow under this light?

I have no experience of the fixture but...

I checked it out on Amazon which u can buy new for $49

Anyway I don't think it will grow leathers, Palys, and mushrooms....

But macro algae and coralline will grow if you go fish only with that light.

Regarding that fixture has 9, 1w LEDs

RIP Sebastian

Hi folks, I went to my lfs today and they had a used equipment sale. Amongst the used were new items in buggered up packaging and I saw this Marineland Advanced/Double Bright LED for $37 so I bought it even though I don't need it right now. I do have a spare 10 gallon QT and it would be good on that.

My question is will macro algae, leathers, palys and mushrooms grow under this light?

Do they have good stuff at those? I've thought about going to those.

Do they have good stuff at those? I've thought about going to those.

Most of the stuff was old used parts from AC and Penguin HOB pumps, old style bulbs (T8s), strip light fixtures and used tanks and stands. The prices were good on everything.

RIP Sebastian

Most of the stuff was old used parts from AC and Penguin HOB pumps, old style bulbs (T8s), strip light fixtures and used tanks and stands. The prices were good on everything.

Interesting. Thanks!

Archived