Top Shelf Aquatics

Nanobox quad over a 36L tank

hersheyb

Hey all,

I'm considering upgrading my tank from a 30" to a 36" long tank, height and width will be the same, just looking to get a little more swimming room for my fish. I'm currently running a quad on my 30" long tank, which is working great, I know that the quad should have enough coverage on a 36" tank based on the info on their site, but how well lit are the ends? Anybody have a quad running on a 36" tank? can I get some pics? I got the quad less than a year ago, and don't feel like upgrading lights if I move to a bigger tank.

btw this will be for a mixed reef tank, mostly lps and softies, with some sps, but the new tank i'm looking to focus on sps a bit more,

Hey all,

I'm considering upgrading my tank from a 30" to a 36" long tank, height and width will be the same, just looking to get a little more swimming room for my fish. I'm currently running a quad on my 30" long tank, which is working great, I know that the quad should have enough coverage on a 36" tank based on the info on their site, but how well lit are the ends? Anybody have a quad running on a 36" tank? can I get some pics? I got the quad less than a year ago, and don't feel like upgrading lights if I move to a bigger tank.

btw this will be for a mixed reef tank, mostly lps and softies, with some sps, but the new tank i'm looking to focus on sps a bit more,

More than enough light for that tank.

-Dave

Was only able to snag a nighttime photo last night, but I remember I said I'd get you a pic

0276ea1285c4fe7c869ee505a40db548.jpg

Granted my tank is more shallow than yours, the light is about 12" from water surface and there is plenty of coverage to the edge of the tank.

Was only able to snag a nighttime photo last night, but I remember I said I'd get you a pic

Granted my tank is more shallow than yours, the light is about 12" from water surface and there is plenty of coverage to the edge of the tank.

Great start! Send me a few photos when you have a chance.

Great thank you! I just placed the order for my new tank!! can't wait.. build time 4-6 weeks =/

Cant wait to see the Quad over it!

Archived