• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

flatlandreefer

flatlandreefer

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 190 posts
  • Joined 02 Apr 2016

I got a gold maxima from divers den yesterday.  It doesn't seem to be able to close all the way and is looking like its in bad shape. Whats the verdict, is it a complete gonner?

034A2DFD-9A3A-4098-ABCE-C117259FAFE6_zps

lobster876

lobster876

Nano Reefer

• Classifiedless
  • 387 posts
  • Joined 18 Jan 2015

could be but try feeding it some phytoplankton and have it in indirect light with gentle flow

My tanks are as follows
60 gallon reef
4 gallon cube 
10 gallon native tank
mason jar reef
3 teaspoon fowlr 
lightbulb jarquarium

stellablue

stellablue

Macro Hoarder & Coral Smasher

• Premium Members
  • 15,434 posts
  • Joined 23 Jan 2015
  • Connecticut
Looks like it to me :( I have had bad luck with divers den clams as have others. Does it even close at all? If not, it's toast but I also don't think even if it was alive, it would recover from that. It is gaping badly.

flatlandreefer

flatlandreefer

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 190 posts
  • Joined 02 Apr 2016

It was reacting a little bit yesterday but looks worse this morning.  It has no reaction at all when i cover up the light.

stellablue

stellablue

Macro Hoarder & Coral Smasher

• Premium Members
  • 15,434 posts
  • Joined 23 Jan 2015
  • Connecticut

It was reacting a little bit yesterday but looks worse this morning.  It has no reaction at all when i cover up the light.

if it's dead, take it out or chop it up and feed it to your fish.  You should be able to get a credit from Live Aquaria.  You don't want it sitting there as it will eventually break down and pollute your tank.

gulfsurfer101

gulfsurfer101

Been pimpin since been pimpin!

• Members
  • 9,561 posts
  • Joined 18 Aug 2007
  • Corpus Crusty, TX
Yeah that guy is toast! Never feed a sick clam anything. All new clams should be qt'd. That one sick one could've taken out an entire tank of clams basically overnight.
  • stellablue likes this

flatlandreefer

flatlandreefer

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 190 posts
  • Joined 02 Apr 2016

Clam is in the trash and LA gave me a refund.  Was really hoping it would work out!

gulfsurfer101

gulfsurfer101

Been pimpin since been pimpin!

• Members
  • 9,561 posts
  • Joined 18 Aug 2007
  • Corpus Crusty, TX
Sorry to hear that. It's not a good time of year to be shipping clams. I've ordered from them before in Dec where it was 85° when I made the purchase. They shipped it was 36 with a wind chill in the 20's. Due to the time of year they were delayed so instead of showing up before 10am the showed up around 8pm. All three were in bad shape. I called them up but they insested I add them into my tank. I set up in a 20l I intended to use as a qt but they were gone by the morning. I called them back up and they replaced that order as soon as it warmed back up.

braaap

braaap

BRAPPY MCBRAAAAPFACE

• Members
  • 4,145 posts
  • Joined 03 Sep 2014
  • Seattle WA

Clam is in the trash and LA gave me a refund.  Was really hoping it would work out!

Did they refund shipping as well? They used too. I haven't ordered from them in 5+ years.

CLICK FOR REMOTE DETONATION

Click for my positive feedback >>>>77f2f2c6eb4625139b145a4214b9052f_zpsl6uf <<< Click for my positive feedback

Everyone HATES Braaap....hes just one of those things in life that you hate but for some reason cant help loving at the same time.

Case in point this thread. The OP hated him so much but couldnt just let things go. He had to come make this thread, unconsiously knowing that it would turn into Braaaps happy place.

flatlandreefer

flatlandreefer

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 190 posts
  • Joined 02 Apr 2016

Did they refund shipping as well? They used too. I haven't ordered from them in 5+ years.

I ordered a couple other things and it was over 160 so shipping was free.  I have another thread going with pics of the fox coral and gorgonian that i received.  The fox hasn't opened up yet and the gorg does't have any polyps out yet. 

nobody replied to the other post...

ajmckay

ajmckay

Wrasses McGee

• Members
  • 6,581 posts
  • Joined 30 Oct 2008
  • Sterling Heights, Michigan

I ordered a couple other things and it was over 160 so shipping was free.  I have another thread going with pics of the fox coral and gorgonian that i received.  The fox hasn't opened up yet and the gorg does't have any polyps out yet. 

nobody replied to the other post...

Probably should have put everything in 1 post...

flatlandreefer

flatlandreefer

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 190 posts
  • Joined 02 Apr 2016

Probably should have put everything in 1 post...

Yeah that was my bad