Coral Vue Hydros

10 Gal Cube LEDs?

jarredlc

Hey! I'm just a month or two away from ordering my Fusion 10g (12" x 12"), and I just have a few more questions. Now, I'm stuck on lighting. I don't want to grow anything crazy, mainly zoas, frogspawn, etc. I would love to be able to grow a blue birdsnest, as they are by far my favorite corals. I would prefer LEDs, and don't really want to spend too much. No $200 fixtures. I've been looking at the kessil a80, the aquamaxxx nemolight, and even considered the IM Skkye LED. The Skkye seems too weak. Any other recommendations/opinions? Thanks!

I know you don't want to spend a bunch, but go looking for a used AI Prime. It's lightyears better than any of the fixtures you listed, with better color, more power, and far more control. Even new at $199 it's a good fixture. You could probably find a Prime or Prime HD for under $150.

Try the A80,I think you'll be fine with that for what you want. Or just try and find a Prime of either variety and you should be good so you don't have to upgrade and have wifi control.

Where exactly would I look to find a used light? My area has little reefing activity, so Craigslist is out, and I haven't found a reefing club around me.

I love my a80. The only negative is the lack of a built in controller. You can pick up the kessil controller for around $100, thats my next expenditure.

I have 2 different light fixtures and I have to say with my Ai Prime there is no question to what corals I can keep with it.

If you want to go with sps, I'd suggest a good light like an Ai Prime or Nanobox

. If you don't want to invest the money in lighting the best option is to stick with lps and softies

I have found, that DIY Led fixtures are the cheapest way to go... although you won't get some of the more expensive lights controllability and looks

Archived