SaltCritters.com

AutoAqua Smart ATO Micro - QUIET IT DOWN!?

Hexadron

I love this ATO. I've had ELOS, Hydor and now this, and all performed well, but this seems to keep the aquarium the most stable which is great.

What I don't like however is the power of the pump!

It is very loud whenever filling the tank up with ATO water, and would like to see if there is any way to quiet it down? Anyone have ideas or suggestions?

Cencalfishguy56

I love this ATO. I've had ELOS, Hydor and now this, and all performed well, but this seems to keep the aquarium the most stable which is great.

What I don't like however is the power of the pump!

It is very loud whenever filling the tank up with ATO water, and would like to see if there is any way to quiet it down? Anyone have ideas or suggestions?

cut a piece of rubber leveling Mat and place it under? Maybe that'll help?

Is it noisy because it vibrates against the reservoir wall? My return pump does that so I cut an airline tubing in half longitudinally and tie it around the pump.

cut a piece of rubber leveling Mat and place it under? Maybe that'll help?

I read this yesterday, knowing mine would have been delivered that day too. Set it all up and thought the pump wasnt that bad...

Fast forward to 2am when it decided to top off and scare the living bejesus out of me. The pump combined with a short sound of water had me out of bed faster than any alarm thinking my tank was leaking.

Surprised people find the pump noisy. I don't hear mine at all even at night when sleeping.

Although I don't have my pump touching the bottom or sides of the container, so maybe that makes a difference.

Surprised people find the pump noisy. I don't hear mine at all even at night when sleeping.

Although I don't have my pump touching the bottom or sides of the container, so maybe that makes a difference.

It isnt that loud, I think its just loud enough to get my attention. And the water noises from it. Then again mine is going directly into the rear chamber of my AIO and the container is next to my stand.

JDH, this simple mod let you use a dosing pump instead, I'd imagine it will be a lot more quiet than a water pump.

http://blog.marinedepot.com/2016/04/the-autoaqua-smart-ato-micro-with-a-diy-twist.html

I could kiss you right now! I will read that link after work.

I think some of it was the fact I had it sitting at the bottom of my ATO reservoir, it's now "suspended" in the reservoir. However, it is only slightly quieter. Maybe I have a defective unit? I mean it works at what it is supposed to do - just loudly!

Same here I have one and the pump is just in a clear 5 gallon tote and a hole drilled through the cap for the lines. Its quiet as heck and all I here is the water going in the back.......

Not loud at all if you ask me.

Archived