inTank Media Baskets

What AIO tank should I get? First time reefer!

tommygun

I've been in the hobby for 0 years (yet to start) and with my months of researching I think you should opt for a bigger tank if you have the space and money.

With bigger tank

1. Your can stock bigger fish and corals have room to grow so more aquascaping possibilities and more space in general.

2.looks better imo

3. Heaps of stability so wrong things are less likely to go wrong

You go with what you like caus in the end your the one looking at it

..... Just chucking in my .5cents

I second that. I have been running a reef tank about 15 months now. Biocube 29. (It was given to me) everyone told me smaller tanks where harder to maintain and I have found that to be true. harder to control nutrients ( I have just 2 fish) But small does have its merits, less salt and RODI for water changes, less live sand and rock.

I have been looking to go bigger first at CADLight (ditched that idea) Red Sea Reef and IM. Then I discovered the SCA 50 Cube. Not an AIO and after having an AIO I really don't want another one ( too hard to add equipment) I have even thought about sumping my Biocube to add water capacity.,

The good thing about this forum is you will get lots of opinions and advice!

I've been in the hobby for 0 years (yet to start) and with my months of researching I think you should opt for a bigger tank if you have the space and money.
With bigger tank
1. Your can stock bigger fish and corals have room to grow so more aquascaping possibilities and more space in general.
2.looks better imo
3. Heaps of stability so wrong things are less likely to go wrong

You go with what you like caus in the end your the one looking at it
..... Just chucking in my .5cents

Swing2Harmony

There are pros and cons to a nano, but I disagree that smaller tanks are harder to maintain in every aspect, if it's setup right and not pushed to hard in terms of bioload and hard to care livestock. Also, since most people have a limited budget, you can get higher quality everything when you go smaller, which makes life much easier imo. A proper sump is great since you can try out different stuff, but as far as AIO systems go, I don't see much difference between a 25 and a 40 gallon setup.

Archived