Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

RODI not testing out 0

uwharrie

We have been running a Pinnacle 4 stage for about 10-11 months. Producing about 18 gal a month. A few months back I was getting 0 on the TDS meter ( MH TDS 3) have not tested in about 6 months .

Up until this month we were only able to get 40psi and was taking all day getting water made. Added a booster pump last week. Since I am having algae issues decided to check. Container RODI pre booster was 17 TDS post pump RODI containers 1 and 2 TDS

I would think the cartridges would not be exhausted with less than 250 gals produced. But I know I should be getting 0. Water pre filter is 48

Any insights?

What is your TDS going into the filter? It's going to be variable based on how much it has to work to filter. Higher TDS going in means your filters won't last as long. 10-11 months to me indicates you need to replace the cartridges.

38-48 pre filtered. Since I am running so little each month I would think the filters would be ok. But not sure

What is your TDS going into the filter? It's going to be variable based on how much it has to work to filter. Higher TDS going in means your filters won't last as long. 10-11 months to me indicates you need to replace the cartridges.

38-48 pre filtered. Since I am running so little each month I would think the filters would be ok. But not sure

Mine is about the same going in and even though I hadn't produced a ton of gallons the first year, I still needed to change out after about 10 months because TDS started reading 3 or so. I think it's one of those things like oil changes in your car - after a certain amount of time, you need to replace it even if you haven't hit the recommended mileage.

shaneandjohn

Now that you have your booster pump, your unit will run more efficiently. 40 psi is not ideal, and you will exhaust your filters much more rapidly. I experienced the exact same thing after adding my booster pump, although My inbound water is much higher in TDS than yours, at near 90.

Change out your filters and make a note of the date that you did, I bet you at least double your output water on the new set at 90 psi.

Yea membranes work more efficiently at higher pressure.

I've had my filtered water at like 12 at one point. I think my membrane was leaking because it was also making water super fast. I replaced it.

Archived