Top Shelf Aquatics

$1 per gallon

fishhands

I have plenty of tanks (even more than what I'm using). So why is it that I always feel like I should buy more?... Oh well, what the heck, I guess I could pick up another 10 gallon tank for a hatch tank.

Thanks optimo. :mellow::lol:

FiveGallonSea

Is it me or are these tanks so carelessly put together? I went to Petco to get a 10 gallon quarantine tank and I went through a good 15 until I gave up. Silicone everywhere, scratched, etc. my goodness.

jedimasterben

Is it me or are these tanks so carelessly put together? I went to Petco to get a 10 gallon quarantine tank and I went through a good 15 until I gave up. Silicone everywhere, scratched, etc. my goodness.

That's atypical for Aqueon tanks. Usually the silicone is neat (not perfect, mind you, these aren't Red Sea quality or anything) and they should be free of scratches.

yeah I saw that they are offering 75 is some areas prob. close to there factory.

I had I fried pick me up a 10gal. for an ATO res. for my 20L hopefully its in good condition.

Ialso have more tanks than i need. 2 40s setting around just asking to be set up...

That's atypical for Aqueon tanks. Usually the silicone is neat (not perfect, mind you, these aren't Red Sea quality or anything) and they should be free of scratches.

Last time I purchased 20L tanks at PETCO's $1 sale, they were manufactured by Tetra (although they used to sell Aqueon tanks). I'm not sure if the change was a regional or national thing. However, like jedimasterben and Aqueon, I also find that Tetra tanks are typically satisfactory (though admittedly sloppy compared to higher quality tanks). IME, the glass typically isn't scratched. Sometimes they are still on the shipping pallet from the manufacturer.

I'm heading down there today to pick another one up. I'm sure the clownfish larvae won't care if it's not perfect (although I'll have to fill any gaps in the silicone so the little ones don't get stuck in them).

I went to our closest PETCO and they were out of 10 gallon tanks. Surprisingly, they had a boatload of 40 breeders. They also advertised 75 gallon tanks, but had none. So I went to the newer PETCO, and as I anticipated, they had a much better selection (their livestock seems better cared for as well). They had plenty of 10 gallon tanks (as well as other sizes, except for 75 gallon tanks).

010417e.jpg

This time all of their tanks were Aqueon again (at both locations). This was the second 10 gallon I picked up (the first looked just a little bit worse). I paid with a gift card that I got for Christmas. Tanks are one of the few reef related things I get at PETCO. I guess I'll have to buy some dog food with what's left on the card.

010417a.jpg

Assembled by Tina. IDK, maybe girls make better tanks than boys. :unsure:

010417b.jpg

This is pretty typical for Aqueon tanks:

010417c.jpg

Inside seams:

010417d.jpg

I hope my baby clownfish will like their new home.

I went to our closest PETCO and they were out of 10 gallon tanks. Surprisingly, they had a boatload of 40 breeders. They also advertised 75 gallon tanks, but had none. So I went to the newer PETCO, and as I anticipated, they had a much better selection (their livestock seems better cared for as well). They had plenty of 10 gallon tanks (as well as other sizes, except for 75 gallon tanks).

010417e.jpg

This time all of their tanks were Aqueon again (at both locations). This was the second 10 gallon I picked up (the first looked just a little bit worse). I paid with a gift card that I got for Christmas. Tanks are one of the few reef related things I get at PETCO. I guess I'll have to buy some dog food with what's left on the card.

010417a.jpg

Assembled by Tina. IDK, maybe girls make better tanks than boys. :unsure:

010417b.jpg

This is pretty typical for Aqueon tanks:

010417c.jpg

Inside seams:

010417d.jpg

I hope my baby clownfish will like their new home.

I agree with everything you said. I actually just bought 2 10 gallon tanks from them about 2 weeks ago for dipping purposes. Any chance you noticed any 20high tanks? Could use one for my quarantine tank. My current one is pretty hammered with chips.

Any chance you noticed any 20high tanks? Could use one for my quarantine tank. My current one is pretty hammered with chips.

Yep, they had them too. I was tempted to get one instead, just because the glass is thicker.

Yep, they had them too. I was tempted to get one instead, just because the glass is thicker.

Sweet. I'll check out mine in about an hour. My current QT tank is the old school wood trim and is in ROUGH shape. One chip is completely through and I filled it in with JB weld lol

from what i understand they are back to aqueon there tryid terra IMHO there where not as good quality. when buying my 40br there had both as they where switching back I took some pics of them side by side aqueon is thinker and better build quality.

with the 75 on sale would be a good score for someone to drill it.

from what i understand they are back to aqueon there tryid terra IMHO there where not as good quality. when buying my 40br there had both as they where switching back I took some pics of them side by side aqueon is thinker and better build quality.

with the 75 on sale would be a good score for someone to drill it.

I bought my 75 in late summer at the last $1 per gallon sale, found out after I got it that its not drillable. Bummer. Sitting in storage since plans for it wen awry anyhow.

ive drilled all sides of the Aqueon tanks no problems :)

I drilled a aqueon last year it was a 40 breeder........but a local store told me he did have one that was tempered so who knows. I figure for a dollar a gallon what the hell we all waste money in this hobby :lol:

wow, my local petco has had the1 per gal thing going since mid november. i picked up a nice 20l to make into a breeder/qt setup!

wow, my local petco has had the1 per gal thing going since mid november. i picked up a nice 20l to make into a breeder/qt setup!

It varies by region. Mine said it started on 11/27/16 on the flyer at the store.

Yeah I stopped by today on the way home to see what they had. Sale wasn't going on a month ago so who knows when it started.......

Archived