Coral Vue Hydros

planning new nano

Sjd

hi everyone, i'm an italian student (industrial chemistry) and after a 7 months quit from this saltwater world i've decided to come back, but with a nano this time. last tank was exacting for time and incompatible with university. it was a 250liters reef.

now i was thinking about a 50 60 liters nanoreef and i was wondering about lighting, i watched some led lights from fishstreet under 100dollars but at same time i was thinking about e27 lamps or pl (like the illumination for the sera cube xxl marine biotop). what do you think? the target for the tank, as coral, will be just lps and soft corals

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SaltwaterShoup

Good luck! In the future I would recommend a Kessil A150 for nano reefs. It'll cost you a small fortune but the results are worth the price.

Awesome - looks like a nice little tank!

Is it rimless with curved front corners?

yes

and i will update the post with new pics

for the kessil, i think it's too powerful for my target, but thank you for the advice

Is it a 10g?

There are a few options.

You could pick 1 fish appropriate for the size and do a shrimp, pom pom crab, sexy shrimp, hermits, and corals

Theres always a goby pistol combo

Maybe a goby and small fish with various inverts

Is it a 10g?

There are a few options.

You could pick 1 fish appropriate for the size and do a shrimp, pom pom crab, sexy shrimp, hermits, and corals

Theres always a goby pistol combo

Maybe a goby and small fish with various inverts

yes, about 11g

i think i'll go with a couple of sinchyropus (small ones and when the tank is live enough) and a goby combo

as shrimps, i thought about a couple of lysmata and a stenopus zanzibaricus

Archived