Coral Vue Hydros

whats on my live rock?

graemevw

I am starting my first nano reef. Bought some dry rock and one bit of live rock. There is a fair bit of stuff on it but I dont know what it all is.

ill try and upload some pics.

Im wondering about...

anemone?

Wierd t shaped thing, moving about.

Bivalve

Yellow ball things

red ring type thing.

Two types of fan things.

White froth type thing

long white noodle type things.

Sorry my descriptions are bad, im very new to all this.

there is also one good size bristle worm in it but its hiding now.

My main concerns are is the anemone type thing and the walking about grey T shaped thing.

Thanks.

A pic seems to have gone, ill try again.

I only seem to be able to add 4 pics and when I reply it just adds to the original post.

post-92748-0-90881800-1482857997_thumb.jpg

post-92748-0-25383100-1482858012_thumb.jpg

post-92748-0-89135300-1482858194_thumb.jpg

post-92748-0-14483400-1482858254_thumb.jpg

post-92748-0-87921300-1482858928_thumb.jpg

The anemone thing looks like a majano or some form of glass anemone. A little tricky to get rid of. I use a majano wand but I know there are other options out there for removal.

Green feather is a feather duster. Good pickup and harmless.

The tube things are vermetid snails. Some people really hate them but they are mostly harmless. They are sharp though so be careful.

The red feather thing is a coco worm which is another type of feather duster but has a hard shell instead of a soft one. Another very cool pickup and is harmless.

Hope this helps!

Sure does.

Alot of the other stuff I guess are just sponges. The bivalve will be harmless, I also have a small limpet.

I guess ill get rid of the anemone.

Whats the grey mottled T thing? A damaged starfish of some kind?

I want to deal with anything that needs getting rid of before I add more rock and sand.

The good things on this rock, will they all die if this rock is burried in other rock work?

Most of that stuff will do fine without light but they will need some flow for filter feeding. Grab that bubble algea off of there too when its out of the tank, dont pop it under water

I got rid of the anemone so im trying to arrange rocks now.

Bubble algae?

Which pic do you see that in? I didn't notice any.

Possible on the second pic on the bottom left side of the rock unless it's just weird coloring of a sponge due to the pictures...

Archived