Coral Vue Hydros

Finger Leather Sulking or Dying

- Jaffa -

Firstly, hope everyone is enjoying the holidays.

I bought a discounted green finger leather from my lfs yesterday as he knows I often manage to revive sickly corals back to health...however this is my first attempt with anything other than lps or sps.

The leather in question is not expanding at all and has dark patches on its body. My question is to whether this could just be some shedding and sulking or dying from a bacterial infection ?

My opinion is that the later is true, and my instinct is to frag off the healthy tissue. However, I wish a second opinion before I waste a good colony by throwing half of it in the incinerator.

Thanks everyone

Best photo I can get on my phone on Christmas Eve, it's currently in my refugium, under moderate lighting and flow. The photo is through an orange sweet wrapper so the colours are off quite a bit but it emphasises the dark areas

post-89023-0-83201400-1482616750_thumb.jpg

Its most likely sulking. They can take days after being added to a tank to open up. Leathers often sulk, especially when touched, detritus landing on them, after water changes, or sloughing.

I have always found my leather really liked a good amount of flow and didn't enjoy low light

Archived