Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Wanted: Personal experiances with Polyp Labs Reefroids and Polyp Booster

Sunstar

I am looking for some insight on whether or not to purchase One or both these products. My zoas have been kinda iffy and I was thinking maybe booster and reefroids may help improve them. I run a Fusion 10, I want to get a skimmer, my skimmer choice did not fit (just barely) so I need to save to get the one designed for the tank.

I am highly concerned about water degradation from feeding. I do do water changes once to twice a week (I aim for a smaller midweek and a large one on Sundays (or mondays)

Currently I feed a mix of mysis shrimp juice, to my zoas with bigger bits going to dendros and crabs or whatever else.

Also, when is the best time to feed? I tend to feed after lights out due to my work schedul - this works out well for things like the dendros or Trumpets.

So some personal testimonials for or against.

I am aiming for people who feed this with systems similar to mine. Nanobox light, Fusion 10, powerhead. Curiosity as to what salt you are using as well.

I would like to know what you see when you feed,

thanks a bunch - now I shall return to my googling.

• 3 months later...

Reef roids really wake up my corals for lack of a better term. Especially when I feed my sun corals, i drop a pinch of roids in the Tupperware container and the polyps can't come out fast enough. Now as for zoas, I know they look like they are feeding, and will appear to grab food. But all the slow motion close up footage I've seen of zoas "feeding" did not look like they were eating anything at all - atleast with their mouths. Perhaps they can absorb the nutrients in another fashion. I'm not convinced they eat... if anyone has good evidence or a video showing clearly them eating, I'd like to see it

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

I use reef roids twice a week.

I do a broadcast feed before my waterchange.

I mix it in a container with Vitalis lps pellets and tank water.

Turn off pumps and target feed. Then dump remainder in.

Then do water change.

Mid week I feed reef roids.

My corals really like it.  Everything reacts when I add it.

I limit to only 2 times a week feeding as I don't want nutrient issues and with fish in the tank, it's enough.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

hey Sunstar, the smallest IM Ghost Skimmer should fit the IM10 tank you have.  :)  

I plan on using reef roids as well. everywhere you look, nothing but praise!  B)