SaltCritters.com

Radion Gen 3 on 25g Lagoon

Cristiand

Hey guys,

Just set up a IM 25 lagoon about 2 months ago and added some SPS and now I'm trying to figure out a good lighting schedule for my radion xr30 gen 3.

Here is the radion set up:

Total brightness (intensity): 35%

UV 100%

Blue 100%

Royal Blue 100%

White 50% (ramp up from 25-50% for the main lighting period 50% for about 3 hours total)

Green 25%

Red 25%

Main lighting period is from 10am to 9pm with two hour ramp up/down at beginning and end of day. Just wondering if the total 35% brightness is enough for this tank. The light is mounted on an RMS bracket which is about 9-10in from water.

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Well, I run my Gen 3 (with the RMS) over my 50g "cube" (24" x 24" x 20" deep) at 60% max using the "deep reef" template, and that seems to be plenty for my tank of gorgonians, so with a 12" deep aquarium, you are probably "in the ballpark" with regards to intensity, but only your corals can "tell" you if you are correct. If you do decide to increase, do so slowly.

Also, if you have not checked out the pre-configured templates available in EcoSmart Live, you should... B)

thanks for the feedback. yea i looked at the presets already. i might try and run the shallow reef template. wish there was a way to see what each individual channel is set at in the ecosmart live presets but don't think you can. I guess i'll keep it at 35% for now and see how the corals respond.

thanks for the feedback. yea i looked at the presets already. i might try and run the shallow reef template. wish there was a way to see what each individual channel is set at in the ecosmart live presets but don't think you can. I guess i'll keep it at 35% for now and see how the corals respond.

No problem, you are welcome, and that is one of my "issues" with the presets - don't show the individual channel settings, or at least I don't know how to bring them up - my page doesn't offer the individual colors tab for some reason when using the "deep reef natural template" under Schedule Templates. Live Demo Presets seems to, but I don't use it... :wacko:

• 4 weeks later...

hey guys any other inputs?? It's been a few weeks and haven't seen any real improvement in the corals...my green slimer and rose millie are doing good getting nice color but the other are kinda faded. My water chemistry is good. phosphates and nitrates are zero. I increased the total intensity to 40% from 35% over about week and half period. maybe this will color them up a little better.

Archived