Pod Your Reef

Watchman and Shrimp did't pair...try again?

flatlandreefer

flatlandreefer

Ok so I got a watchman goby a few months ago as well as a randals pistol shrimp, they were not a bonded pair to begin with and came in separate bags from liveaquaria. I introduced the shrimp first and he immediately hid and then I put the goby in. Long story short they are both still alive but in separate areas of the tank and have not paired. Is it worth trying a second time introducing a shrimp to try to pair with my goby or is it a lost cause?

Mine have not paired yet and have been in the tank ( 4.2 gal) for a month. Never thought about taking the shrimp out and putting it back.

I made a starter hole for the shrimp then place my specimen cup facing the hole and he went right in. Then I did the same with my gobies. It worked beautiful you can probably use any container just eased them down towards the hole and let them go in.

I made a starter hole for the shrimp then place my specimen cup facing the hole and he went right in. Then I did the same with my gobies. It worked beautiful you can probably use any container just eased them down towards the hole and let them go in.

:wub:

I just removed a pistol shrimp from my tank.

Picked up the rock he was hanging out under with one hand, and used my other hand to place the net behind the shrimp.

The little fellow backed right into the net, and the whole prosess was over in a blink of an eye.

In my 70 cube I swear my goby pistol pair got divorced every other month. I then added a second pistol when I thought the other died(he didnt), so then the goby would swap pistols every few months. Maybe my Yasha was just a floozy.

I would wait it out and see if they meet up.

^^Ha! My goby/pistol pair does the same thing all the time. Some weeks they get along and hang out together, and other weeks they're at opposite ends of the tank.

Archived