Top Shelf Aquatics

Light Acclimation

Biggen

I know this probably has more to do with Bluefish than the Nanobox, but I really wish there was a way to light acclimate corals with our lights. I tried creating a new scene with lower light levels but there is a damn scene timer with no way to disable it. You can either set it to 0 (which should disable it by my programming logic but doesn't) or max at 100 minutes.

It would be helpful if we had a way to override current Morning/Midday/Evening levels. Like having a setting that reduces them all across the board by a percentage we could set would be really good. My .02¢ anyway.

I know this probably has more to do with Bluefish than the Nanobox, but I really wish there was a way to light acclimate corals with our lights. I tried creating a new scene with lower light levels but there is a damn scene timer with no way to disable it. You can either set it to 0 (which should disable it by my programming logic but doesn't) or max at 100 minutes.

It would be helpful if we had a way to override current Morning/Midday/Evening levels. Like having a setting that reduces them all across the board by a percentage we could set would be really good. My .02¢ anyway.

I have heard this before and I personally have never been a huge fan of the acclimation modes out there. Most start far to low and depending on corals it can effect them.

The presets I have in the Quick Setting section for each unit is a great starting point for 9/10 people.

Always good to have ideas and will be noted. ;)

I have heard this before and I personally have never been a huge fan of the acclimation modes out there. Most start far to low and depending on corals it can effect them.

The presets I have in the Quick Setting section for each unit is a great starting point for 9/10 people.

Always good to have ideas and will be noted. ;)

When you say quick settings are you talking about the presets under "Quick Setup" for the Nanobox? Aren't those full strength settings though? If I wanted to reduce it by 25%-50% I'd have to manually do it for each channel for each photoperiod.

I guess I don't see the downside to adding something like an "acclimation setting". If for nothing else than to convince the people that are buying the PrimeHD lights specifically for this setting to buy your light instead. I admit, I almost bought the PrimeHD because the Nanobox didn't have this very setting.

Anyway, glad your here and receptive. Love my MiniTide!

When you say quick settings are you talking about the presets under "Quick Setup" for the Nanobox? Aren't those full strength settings though? If I wanted to reduce it by 25%-50% I'd have to manually do it for each channel for each photoperiod.

I guess I don't see the downside to adding something like an "acclimation setting". If for nothing else than to convince the people that are buying the PrimeHD lights specifically for this setting to buy your light instead. I admit, I almost bought the PrimeHD because the Nanobox didn't have this very setting.

Anyway, glad your here and receptive. Love my MiniTide!

Not full strength at all! The presets for the lights are only running the light at around 40%. Makes is perfect for mounting, syncing and then light. I have found changes of light ( progressively ) can agitate corals as well.

Glad your enjoying however and thanks again for the response.

-Dave

Yeah, I meant full strength in the sense that those are the "full strength" setting you recommend for coral. Not 100% light output for each channel. Sorry about the confusion.

It's almost too easy to adjust the settings on my light from my armchair. I would like to propose a setting that only allows one to adjust the light once per week so I stop screwing with it :). Kidding aside, there's more than one preset now? Last time I looked there was only one. Can't check right now because I don't have the Bluefish app on my phone.

Archived