Innovative Marine Aquariums

Photobucket blows! Other options?

Marc.The.Shark

Marc.The.Shark

So...I've had about enuf of Photobucket, logs me out every time I try to upload a pic. What a POS! I've downloaded Imgur, but can't figure out where the photo link is on my apple devices. Any other easy options to host photos that u guys use?

Marc.The.Shark

I use flickr. :) I mean, you have to deal with yahoo. but its one thing yahoo did okay on.

Thanks, I'll take a look at it. I'm not super techie, so need something fairly straightforward

I use instagram. Easy to load up and all you have to do is copy and paste the link into the text box here and it embeds the photo. Super easy.

I use flickr. :) I mean, you have to deal with yahoo. but its one thing yahoo did okay on.

Maybe I have a case of dumb , but have you figured out how to get a link to post for a photo on the mobile version?

I can't for the life of me figure it out , always have to go to my laptop to do it .

Marc.The.Shark

I use instagram. Easy to load up and all you have to do is copy and paste the link into the text box here and it embeds the photo. Super easy.

Do they have a mobile app that works? I mean I know instagram has a mobile app, but can I find the photo link? That's where I struggle

Do they have a mobile app that works? I mean I know instagram has a mobile app, but can I find the photo link? That's where I struggle

Yeah it's pretty easy. If you go to the general discussion forum, there's a post pinned on the first page that shows exactly how you find the link and post it

Marc.The.Shark

Yeah it's pretty easy. If you go to the general discussion forum, there's a post pinned on the first page that shows exactly how you find the link and post it

Thanks, preciate it

Oh & one more thing...I want my stuff to be private, is that possible?

Cencalfishguy56

Thanks, preciate it

i use the mobile app literally takes seconds to get pics on here, love the app hate the site
Marc.The.Shark

i use the mobile app literally takes seconds to get pics on here, love the app hate the site

Thanks, I'll download & try it. I'm anti social media crap, so trying to stay away from that kind of stuff. Kinda old school still! Lol. Embraced a few things, but still leery!

Thanks, preciate it

No, not if you want your photos to show up here. What about making a second account just for reef stuff?

Marc.The.Shark

Yep!!

Ok, that was pretty painless. Guess I'll try this out for a while. I don't care about all my reef stuff being public, so no issues. Thanks everyone, got some new frags & fish & wanted to update my thread, but was a chore with that damn Photobucket!

So...I've had about enuf of Photobucket, logs me out every time I try to upload a pic. What a POS! I've downloaded Imgur, but can't figure out where the photo link is on my apple devices. Any other easy options to host photos that u guys use?

Don't use the app for imgur- it can be frustrating ! I use it in my iPad exclusively but use the website and not the app.

So I was actually planning on making this same exact topic... The photobucket app is okay - but the desktop site has so many ads it often crashes my browser (admittedly has a lot of tabs - but still it's insane).

Marc.The.Shark

Don't use the app for imgur- it can be frustrating ! I use it in my iPad exclusively but use the website and not the app.

I didn't try the website, but couldn't figure the app out & gave up.

So I was actually planning on making this same exact topic... The photobucket app is okay - but the desktop site has so many ads it often crashes my browser (admittedly has a lot of tabs - but still it's insane).

Yeah, I've been using photobucket for years & its been getting worse & worse. Totally useless now. Never tried the app. The Instagram app seems pretty easy once I figured out how to upload the images

Smug Mug is our choice, no problems yet and we've been using it for 3 years now.

But I use Tiny Pic to post most pics, it's not a housing website, it just gives you a URL to post, one pic at a time.

If I am editing my pictures on my iMac then I use Flickr. When editing pictures on my iPhone then I use photobucket.

I wish Flickr would allow mobile uploading from the app.

So...I've had about enuf of Photobucket, logs me out every time I try to upload a pic.

I've had this same issue for weeks now on desktop, never ending log in process while trying to upload. Finally sent in a ticket yesterday

Works fine on mobile app

Christopher Marks

Once we migrate to the new website (almost done) the new post editor will make sharing photos from Flickr as easy as sharing them from Instagram, just post the regular URL and the editor embeds it automatically, no special code needed.

I've always been a big fan of Flickr, it's so much cleaner than the mess of Photobucket.

Ok, that was pretty painless. Guess I'll try this out for a while. I don't care about all my reef stuff being public, so no issues. Thanks everyone, got some new frags & fish & wanted to update my thread, but was a chore with that damn Photobucket!

Mark, change your settings......I just viewed all of your sexy time photos. Congrats by the way!

Archived