SaltCritters.com

Innovative Marine Fusion Nuvo 10 and 20 breaking?

Adrock15659

I have been out of reefing for 12 years and am looking to get back into the hobby. I'm looking to get something a little smaller this time around and have been drawn to the Innovative Marine Nuvo Fusion 10 or 20 gallon. I have seen on older postings on other forums where there is numerous reports of the glass breaking on Innovative Marine tanks. Most of the posts were going back to 2013. Figured I would go to the horses mouth and reach out to the community and see if this is something that is still a problem or has it been corrected?

RIP Sebastian

I have been out of reefing for 12 years and am looking to get back into the hobby. I'm looking to get something a little smaller this time around and have been drawn to the Innovative Marine Nuvo Fusion 10 or 20 gallon. I have seen on older postings on other forums where there is numerous reports of the glass breaking on Innovative Marine tanks. Most of the posts were going back to 2013. Figured I would go to the horses mouth and reach out to the community and

see if this is something that is still a problem or has it been corrected?

The Fusion Series (10,20,30L,40) are all fine.

I think that problem was just with the early versions of the ones with curved glass. They stopped using curved glass and made them thicker since then.

I think that problem was just with the early versions of the ones with curved glass. They stopped using curved glass and made them thicker since then.

The curved glass tanks were the problem. I also read that the little stands they came with would also warp over time and cause stress points. Both of those were eliminated with the new designs.

I had the same concerns and read multiple threads and reviews before buying my Fusion 20. My impression is these are a great value and look very well made.

That was definitely the older versions with the curved glass and the feet holding the tank. It specifically happened with the 16g.

Unfortunately, bowfront tanks also have been known to not last as long either. It has to do with the curved glass and water pressure.

Unfortunately all tanks can run the risk of leaks, cracks, and bursts.

Thank you for all of your replies I feel confident moving forward with innovative marine. The responses you all provided concur with my LFS. I have made a a decision on the Innovative Marine Nuvo Fusion 20. Can't wait to get it rolling and get back ok to this rewarding hobby.

I am interested to hear what everyone's feedback is in regards to a light for this tank( 20 gallon innovative marine fusion 20). The ones that I am looking at are the :

1. A.I. Prime Hd

2. Current USA Orbit Marine

3.Current USA Orbit Marine Pro

4. 165 watt led Chinese made off of amazon

Looking to house soft corals and live rock

I am interested to hear what everyone's feedback is in regards to a light for this tank( 20 gallon innovative marine fusion 20). The ones that I am looking at are the :

1. A.I. Prime Hd

the spread on 1-3 wont be so great for sps

I have a prime on my 15g which is 24" long. My tank is stocked lps and sps. Works great. No shadowing at all. I haven't even hit 80% in my leds.

Ai's, nanobox, radions, kessil are great lights. Mars Aqua is highly recommended as well.

People have the orbits and aquamaxx with sps as well.

Alot of lights are underated by ppl when they work just fine at keeping corals.

If you can keep corals under power compacts, most of the led fixtures these days designed for marine will work.

Two Kessil a160we's on my tank (IM Fusion 20) gives great spread and colour. I used one for a while after upgrading from the IM Fusion 10, but got some bad shadowing so decided to add a second. Couldn't be happier. I'm only maxing out about 40% - they are powerful little lights.

RIP Sebastian

1. A.I. Prime Hd

You say you only want softies now.....Give it a month or two. You'll be interested in everything. I recommend Nanobox-great light, great customer service, small business, American made.

Nick

I am decades in now, and still softies only....lol...

You say you only want softies now.....Give it a month or two. You'll be interested in everything. I recommend Nanobox-great light, great customer service, small business, American made.

Nick

Ok , so I said at the beginning of this post that I was looking at a10 or 20 fusion...... Well...... You know how it goes with this hobby one thing leads to another. I was on the fusion 40 kick for a week then I was thinking the 40 was going to be more than I wanted to stock, care for, equipment costs etc.... Then I was on the 25 lagoon , the guy at my LFS told me the fusion 50 lagoon was "the tank" to have. I would agree that thing is a stunner, but again the price of the tank goes up big time. I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on the 25 lagoon I am leaning towards the direction of the ai prime hd for a light. I want to keep the budget for the light $350.oo or less. I know a Ai Hydra would run $350.00 and will give a better spread but not sure if it is necessary I'm interested to hear what the opinions of all of you are on this one. I am also open to suggestions for alternate lights.

RIP Sebastian

Ok , so I said at the beginning of this post that I was looking at a10 or 20 fusion...... Well...... You know how it goes with this hobby one thing leads to another. I was on the fusion 40 kick for a week then I was thinking the 40 was going to be more than I wanted to stock, care for, equipment costs etc.... Then I was on the 25 lagoon , the guy at my LFS told me the fusion 50 lagoon was "the tank" to have. I would agree that thing is a stunner, but again the price of the tank goes up big time. I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on the 25 lagoon I am leaning towards the direction of the ai prime hd for a light. I want to keep the budget for the light $350.oo or less. I know a Ai Hydra would run $350.00 and will give a better spread but not sure if it is necessary I'm interested to hear what the opinions of all of you are on this one. I am also open to suggestions for alternate lights.

Nanobox Duo base unit is on sale now for 400. Highly recommend- American made, top-notch customer service, widely known as a very good light. Do it. Or check out the Hardware classifieds.

• 4 weeks later...

I just put 2 AI prime non-hd over mine and I could not be any happier. They are quiet, small, and very controllable. Have not used nanobox or any others except for a 165w chinese led. I wouldn't go that route again. I'm already seeing fluffier better looking corals

Buy your lighting used if you have time to be patient. Lots of sales here and a few other forums. I waited and waited until I came across 2 primes with mounts for $250 cash. That's what a single lamp would have been through my LFS.

Good luck

Archived